Menu

How much pizza

I would order 10. Or maybe 8. I've noticed that kids don't seem to eat as much as they do at home when they get together to socialize. One of my boys can eat a whole pizza by himself, even with other food included. Two of them can eat 1/2 pizza each, and the other food included in the meal. This is at home. At a party, they don't eat as much.

You can mimimize waste by asking the pizza place to cut it into more, smaller pieces. 16 instead of 8, for a large pizza. That way, you don't get left with a ton of half-eaten slices that you have to throw out. We do this when feeding a crowd, and it works well.

For leftovers, if we don't have enough for everyone, I will sometimes cut the pieces into small square-ish bite-sized pieces, and call them "pizza bites". A nice snack food.

It should be a pretty evenly mixed group. I am not worried @ leftovers as my kids will eat it the next day. I just want to make sure I have enough.

You'll have plenty of food available. If anyone wants more food, offer them a pbj. Or when the pizza is nearly gone, stick a table knife, a loaf of bread, a jar of jelly, and a jar of peanut butter on the table, along with a stack of paper plates. The kids will get the message.

If they are all boys - 20. :001_smile:

Seriously, 8 extra large would probably be enough.

Yep, that is my thought as well LOL. My ds10 could eat one himself. Or I would buy lots and lots of other snacks so I could buy fewer pizzas. Which ever was cheaper in the long run...