Menu

We started school today

parias1126

Yes, we started history and science this week. Next week starts full courseload of first grade. Ds is already demanding "schoolwork." Should be an interesting year!

Being in a state that doesn't count days, our goal is 150 full days, not as in 8 hrs of work, but that a full course of subjects are done in a 5 day rotation. So that breaks down to 3 ten week sessions. Couple weeks of break, then do it again!

It'll be interesting to see how this schedule transforms over the years. :)

P.S. This week doesn't count in my book. LOL!

Edited by nono

We started last week, so we've only really been doing school for five days. I knew it would take me a couple of weeks to work into a routine anyway, so even though I'm still waiting on some materials, and tweaking as I go, I jumped in with both feet and started running. Went very well, today - was able to keep the house whisper quiet during study time while the twins were sleeping. If only that could happen every day! Here's to a good year ahead!! (Ds K and Ds 1st - 3 yr. old dd sitting in on pretty much everything.)

Today was our first day also:) I blogged about it as well...It was so smooth. I can only hope the rest of the year is a succesful! 1 day down and 179 to go......

I completely agree! Today went so smoothly for us as well. If the rest of the year goes this well, I am in for a treat! I haven't had a day this good in the nine years I have been homeschooling! Not one complaint, not one child saying, "How much more do I have to do?" or "Are we done yet?".

I started the new filing box system this year and, let me tell you...... AMAZING! I couldn't be happier! :D

Congrats on a great first day! A 4 month summer break sounds great. My dh teaches public school and we follow his schedule. He started Aug. 2nd and goes until the end of May. We do take 6 weeks off during the year, then the 2 month summer break.

We are using the same science. We are enjoying it and doing the labs with my neighbor and her kids.

I completely agree! Today went so smoothly for us as well. If the rest of the year goes this well, I am in for a treat! I haven't had a day this good in the nine years I have been homeschooling! Not one complaint, not one child saying, "How much more do I have to do?" or "Are we done yet?".

I started the new filing box system this year and, let me tell you...... AMAZING! I couldn't be happier! :D

We are using the file box too! I feel so organized and on top of things...maybe my non-frazzled energy is rubbing off on everybody:)