Menu

Anyone recognize this book?

I picked up a book at the airport a few years ago about Dracula. I can only remember that the main character was a lady who tracked Dracula through history. Her father might have been a historian. If I remember it right, her purpose was to prove that Dracula was a real person and somehow she ends up at a monastery in France where she finds her missing father...I think at the end of the book, she actually find Dracula and meets him???

I'm not really into vampire/Dracula stuff but this book was an intersting read and the book wasn't that old. Anyone have any ideas???

Edited by Surfside Academy

I picked up a book at the airport a few years ago about Dracula. I can only remember that the main character was a lady who tracked Dracula through history. Her father might have been a was a historian. If I remember it right, her purpose was to prove that Dracula was a real person and somehow she ends up at a monastery in France where she finds her missing father...I think at the end of the book, she actually find Dracula and meets him???

I'm not really into vampire/Dracula stuff but this book was an intersting read and the books wasn't that old. Anyone have any ideas???

THE HISTORIAN by Elizabeth Kostova?

Gah. The Historian, the only book I've ever read that manages to take a vampire story and suck every drop of passion, excitement, and fear out of it.

That's funny--I really enjoyed it! Passion, maybe. It definitely didn't have the same sexual undertones as other Dracula stories. I thought it had plenty of excitement and fear. But then, I'm not exactly a connoisseur of vampire literature! I loved the history the author wove into the story.

That's funny--I really enjoyed it! Passion, maybe. It definitely didn't have the same sexual undertones as other Dracula stories. I thought it had plenty of excitement and fear. But then, I'm not exactly a connoisseur of vampire literature! I loved the history the author wove into the story.

:iagree: I remember reading my first and only Anne Rice book, Interview with a Vampire (?) and thought it was one of the worst books I've ever read. :D I'll have to check out her other book as well.

:iagree: I remember reading my first and only Anne Rice book, Interview with a Vampire (?) and thought it was one of the worst books I've ever read. :D I'll have to check out her other book as well.

I felt the same, but my best friend talked me into reading The Vampire Lestat. I have to admit, it was MUCH better. Her books vary depending upon the vampire telling the story. Some are better than others.

I really enjoyed The Historian & found it fascinating. (I tried her second book, The Swan Thieves, but couldn't really get into it.)

I love historical fiction & I see The Historian as being more in that genre than in a thriller/Dracula genre. Just know that if you're looking for a creepy Dracula type book, this isn't it (imo).