Menu

Need a laugh?

I have severe laryngitis today, so I can't teach or read aloud to my girls. My 3.5 year old twins are sitting side-by-side on the sofa, looking at a library book about frogs. This is what I just heard:

Hannah (sounding disturbingly like me :001_huh:): Okay, today we are going to read about amphibians.

Mary (matter-of-fact, as always): Yes, because we are done studying reptiles.

Hannah: Now, HERE, in the front of the book, we have the Windex.

Mary: Noooo, noooooo, Hannah! It's not the Windex, it's the Table of Continents!

And then, later today, my husband was explaining to the three girls (I don't know why?) that a teach-ER is someone who teaches, a farm-ER is someone who farms, a writ-ER is someone who writes, and so on.

Afterward, they asked for a snack. He unwittingly gave them oyst-ER crack-ERs. ;)

Hannah: Why are they called oyst-ER crack-ERs, Daddy? Is it because they OYST?

Mary: Noooo, Hannah (again). I think it's because they CRACK (crushes oyster cracker into microscopic crumbs). :lol:

And then, later today, my husband was explaining to the three girls (I don't know why?) that a teach-ER is someone who teaches, a farm-ER is someone who farms, a writ-ER is someone who writes, and so on.

Afterward, they asked for a snack. He unwittingly gave them oyst-ER crack-ERs. ;)

Hannah: Why are they called oyst-ER crack-ERs, Daddy? Is it because they OYST?

Mary: Noooo, Hannah (again). I think it's because they CRACK (crushes oyster cracker into microscopic crumbs). :lol:

Of course! That makes perfect sense!