Menu

Where to find jeans for long and lean boy...

I'm having trouble finding jeans for my long, tall, almost 13 yo boy. He's currently in need of a 29W 32L, and I am having trouble finding them in stores. I have found some at The Gap online, but I'm not happy about paying $50-60 and up for jeans that might fit 6 months. Especially when he really prefers to live in track pants. I'd be really happy to find just one pair for those occasions when sweats just won't cut it. Any ideas? Maybe I just need to keep feeding him until he grows into a 30" waist. :001_smile:

Yep, Levi 501s, like some of the others have mentioned. My ds wears a 29x34 - talk about a hard size to find.

I have also found Dickies jeans in his size, but they're hard to come by. And I did once find a pair of American Eagle. Mostly I have to shell out the big bucks for Levi's though.

I've found them at Marshalls. A belt helps, and then I only bought JUST enough to make it through that stage. When I was asked flippantly today at the GAP outlet "DId you find everything OK?" I said " Not the 2 long jeans" My daughters and I say we will open a store for tall and skinny people.

Thanks ladies! He'd probably be fine if he were OK with the low-rider look that seems popular, but that's just not his style (thank goodness!). I'll check into the Levi's. And keep feeding him. :lol:

Yes, Levi's. I think I found ds a pair at Sears. He finally grew a bit and now wears 32's! Sooo much easier to find. And I can finally get him the cheap jeans because Wrangler makes a 32 x 34 and ds likes the plain styling.

Cinder

My son is currently wearing a 31 x 34. We have found that Levi's seem to be the Jeans that have odd sizes. We have gotten several from Sears but I don't remember if they went to 29. I have also found that JCPenney's catalog carries the odd numbers but they aren't in their stores. Like someone has already suggested Kohl's has them sometimes. I've also found a couple of good buys on Ebay.

My ds found a pair of 30x34 a few days ago at Kohls. We were unable to find 29x32 for ds#3, though. We've also had luck at American Eagle. They have a line of clothing called "vintage fit" which is slim - the t-shirts are great for ds#2 because they are plenty long and don't hang off his chest. He's 6'1" and has finally reached 130 lbs! Our Army Navy Surplus carries Levis in odd sizes and we've found some 28/29 x 32/33 there.

Yep, I've got TWO 29x32'ers over here (though ds 14, the one who blows holes in his pants knees every 4 months or so :mad:, is probably going to need a 29x34 this next round), and mostly I find Levi's, though once in desperation I got some clearance-priced 30x32's at Kohl's (which are easier to find), and made him wear a belt. :tongue_smilie:Hey, don't judge me; jeans are practically a disposable item for this boy. I take what I can find on sale.

And for those of you with tall, leggy boys, have you found any cargo or other trendy shorts that are long enough to at least reach their knees? Somehow, though my boys wear the same size pants, the older one has a much different inseam and his shorts look fine - they reach at or below his knees. The younger one has longer legs and is not as well-proportioned, and shorts/bathing trunks just fit him funny, and make him look (and feel) a little dorky. I know it's too late for this season, but I'd dearly love to find a shorts solution for next summer.