Menu

Oh dear. I'm hooked and a little obsessed...

with those cute little Bento lunch ideas! Who knew??

I am having a blast reading blogs and seeing all the adorable, healthy ways of making meals and snacks! I just made dd10 a cute little snack plate apple cubes & watermelon balls on toothpicks (each fruit in its own section), and then some banana slices with a little chocolate fondue on top in the third section. Just using what I had on hand, it was great fun and dd loved it!

I've gotta learn more! :lol:

with those cute little Bento lunch ideas! Who knew??

I am having a blast reading blogs and seeing all the adorable, healthy ways of making meals and snacks! I just made dd10 a cute little snack plate apple cubes & watermelon balls on toothpicks (each fruit in its own section), and then some banana slices with a little chocolate fondue on top in the third section. Just using what I had on hand, it was great fun and dd loved it!

I've gotta learn more! :lol:

Foul!!

See the CoWTMFU (Code of Well Trained Mind Forum Usage) Chapter 16, paragraph 7, subparagraph 26. No posting references to cute bento boxes, their innards, or blogs pertaining thereto without adequate linkage.

Don't get mad at me. I'm just trying to keep you out of trouble!

Just about the cutest ones I've seen are here: http://happylittlebento.blogspot.com/ I could look at her pictures all day. :)

That said, lol, I rarely maintain any momentum when putting these together. Still, I think I make better lunches from the inspiration, even if mine never approach her level.

ETA: We don't actually use traditional "bento" boxes. We use small tiffins instead, since I prefer our food to be stored in stainless steel rather than plastic, whenever practical. There are also some very cute stainless steel lunch containers that are following a more bento-like shape these days.

Edited by abbeyej

How adorable! :D

Just about the cutest ones I've seen are here: http://happylittlebento.blogspot.com/ I could look at her pictures all day. :)

That said, lol, I rarely maintain any momentum when putting these together. Still, I think I make better lunches from the inspiration, even if mine never approach her level.

ETA: We don't actually use traditional "bento" boxes. We use small tiffins instead, since I prefer our food to be stored in stainless steel rather than plastic, whenever practical. There are also some very cute stainless steel lunch containers that are following a more bento-like shape these days.

Foul!!

See the CoWTMFU (Code of Well Trained Mind Forum Usage) Chapter 16, paragraph 7, subparagraph 26. No posting references to cute bento boxes, their innards, or blogs pertaining thereto without adequate linkage.

Don't get mad at me. I'm just trying to keep you out of trouble!

:lol:

I can hear the distant sirens of the cute bento box police as I'm typing ...

then again, that may be TMI ...

http://anotherlunch.blogspot.com/

I've been following this blog for basic ideas about doing practical bentos. I don't use any fancy box per se just alternating between the ziploc divided rectangles and a small sassy box. But its been great especially for ds 5 who has a small appetite but is always grazing.

Its been so much better to box these bento type lunches for school, trips, car rides bc mentally I make sure there are veggies, fruits, protein and its is using tons of tupperware boxes.

I just picked up some silicone cupcake liners and its been even nicer especially for the sassy box if you take out the small containers it comes with.