Menu

Electric Rollers. Does anyone use these anymore?

I just got a new hairstyle where the bottom is supposed to flip up a bit but my hair won't cooperate with my styling it. I remember my electric rollers from my college years. Are those still around? If they are please provide suggestions for rollers that can be used for very thick hair.

My girls use them although they just play with them. I think they got theirs as a gift from Target.

Have you tried a flat iron? In our salon the stylist uses that all the time on all hair types. You may have to spend a little more for a high quality iron, but they are effective.

You might consider purchasing a metal-barrel-round styling brush to use with a blow dryer. My stylist suggested one and it works like a curling iron or hot rollers with very time, effort or fuss.

I just got a new hairstyle where the bottom is supposed to flip up a bit but my hair won't cooperate with my styling it. I remember my electric rollers from my college years. Are those still around? If they are please provide suggestions for rollers that can be used for very thick hair.

I have thick, wavy hair, so I use hot rollers when I want to straighten it (I know it doesn't make sense, but it works). I bought a set from Target about 5 years ago. They are all the large size (I think 1 1/2"?).

They're similar to these, but it's not a travel set, and it comes with 12.

Makes sense to me - I do the same thing! My set came with 3 sizes, but I only use the big ones.

Gives me smooth hair with a "flip". ;)

When we moved last winter, I realized that my set of hot rollers had disappeared. I checked out some new ones at Target so they definitely still sell them. But given that I couldn't remember the last time I had actually used my rollers, I decided it wasn't worth spending the money to replace them. :tongue_smilie: