Menu

Will you get the flu shot this year -

Will you get the flu shot this year?  

1. 1. Will you get the flu shot this year?

• Yep, we'll be first in line!
    • No way, are you crazy?!
    • Undecided
    • The requisite "other" - please explain :)

I voted Other because your affirmative choice was a little too enthusiastic for me. At least two of mine will get it, because they have a history of asthma/ pneumonia and one has started K at a private school while the other just began classes at the CC.

As for the rest of us, I dunno yet. DH usually gets it. I vascillate year to year. The other kids have never had airway issues. So I guess I'm maybe half committed?

Last year NY state tried to force healthcare workers to get flu shots and several unions were willing to take the issue to court and the state backed down. Hopefully this year they won't try it again. I think it is much more important (and effective) that low cost or even free flu shots be offered to those who want them rather than mandating people do things to their bodies that they don't want to do.

We did have younger dd get seasonal flu shot when she went to ps last winter but we won't do it this year.

Probably not getting the flu shot this year...I have never gotten it but did do my dd for the last 2 years but did not get H1N1...did not do baby boy (he was too young until way later in the year). I am no longer teaching so I am not so worried about bringing something home.

We all do. On the years I have forgotten to get mine - I've gotten a horrible flu (two weeks long, 104 degree fever, chills, headache, etc), followed by pnuemonia. They've sent my blood to the CDC for one flu - thought that was funny.

Anyway - we get the shots and no one gets sick. Works for us.