Menu

Tunics without pants or leggins underneath?

I have always viewed tunics as a type of shirt, not a dress. Too, it would depend on the type of leggings as far as matching them with a tunic, I personally woul dnot match them up with footless tights.Today in a catalog they have a picture of a little girl wearing a sweater vest with leggings, the type of leggings that look more like footless tights. There did not appear to be anything underneath the sweater vest. I am a little shocked this was suggested as an outfit. Here is the picture:

http://www.thecompanystore.com/Sweater-Vest-with-Scarf/10192,default,pd.html?start=2&q=sweater%20vest

I have always viewed tunics as a type of shirt, not a dress. Too, it would depend on the type of leggings as far as matching them with a tunic, I personally woul dnot match them up with footless tights.Today in a catalog they have a picture of a little girl wearing a sweater vest with leggings, the type of leggings that look more like footless tights. There did not appear to be anything underneath the sweater vest. I am a little shocked this was suggested as an outfit. Here is the picture:

http://www.thecompanystore.com/Sweater-Vest-with-Scarf/10192,default,pd.html?start=2&q=sweater%20vest

I guess it depends on how thick the leggings are. They look fairly thick to me. Much thicker than tights, but that is only from looking not touching so I may be wrong. They are called a Cable Sweater Legging.

My dd's have worn leggings with longish shirts from Gymboree at that age. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

You can't tell if there's anything under the vest, but I'm going to assume there is since the buttons only come to her waist and it is slightly open and dark there, hinting at an undergarment. The tights look cute and more bulky than regular tights. I wouldn't have a problem with the outfit on a little girl except I'd probably put a long sleeve t-shirt under the vest to keep her arms from getting cold.

The description says Tunic length. I don't think the sweater was meant to be worn by itself with nothing beneath. My guess is that she has on a cami or tank of some sort so they can show off the sweater in the photo. If the leggings in the photo were not skin tight (and loose like some I have bought for my dd) then I wouldhave no problems with them. But it all depends on the fit

We were too busy trying to figure out what books they were carrying to notice the sweater vest or leggings!

That LIFE young readers library book carried by the girl on the left - I have it in my basement. Lamest book, published in the 70's, I think? A retired teacher gave me a whole set of these darned Life books ('cause you're homeschooling!) & they've been in a pile to give away for ages.

That LIFE young readers library book carried by the girl on the left - I have it in my basement. Lamest book, published in the 70's, I think? A retired teacher gave me a whole set of these darned Life books ('cause you're homeschooling!) & they've been in a pile to give away for ages.

We have the picture dictionary set that the middle girl is carrying. We never used that either.