Menu

Chicken Mummy is now entombed

We've done the apple/orange combination and the boys loved it. You carve the apple to be somewhat face like and remove the "guts" from the orange body. Connect them with wire and you have a mummy that didn't gross this mom out. We didn't do a pyramid, though. That was a nice touch!

Glad the boys got to experience such a unique project!

I saw this project suggested in MOH that we're completing this year and I will too be skipping this project. Just can't imagine the stench..:lol:

We've done this before, and there was no stench. I kept it in the garage, and double-bagged. I used LOTS of salt, and washed it with wine before packing it in the salt. I also put a great deal of cinnamon and some other spices in with the salt.

It didn't smell at all. I was amazed!

We're doing it right now, with record highs in temperatures here, and I'm keeping it on my kitchen counter. No. Stench. Whatsoever. Seriously!!! :001_huh: I'm not even using any spices. We did wash with a LOT of rubbing alcohol first, and I can still kind of smell that when I change out the salt. But the hens have been on the counter for about 10 days, and no smell.

Now, I ADORE the pyramid idea! Thank you so, so much, because I'm going to steal that! :D Awesome! The chicken likeness on the sarcophagus is fantastic, too. Those are great pictures, and I hope your chicken rests peacefully! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks, guys!

Our mummy doesn't smell, either. Well, if you get up close, he kind of smells like a pie because of all the cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices my kids kept adding to the salt. :lol:

We've had him on the kitchen counter in plastic bags since May, and people who've been to our house never even noticed. My mom and a couple of my sisters even asked me where I was keeping the mummy and they were standing about 2 feet away from it!