Menu

help me with the right adjective for this sentence, please

I am sending out an invite for a friend's b-day. She is turning 60 and I want to say something like:

Jan is having a milestone b-day.

But, I do not like milestone. I want something that sounds nicer/exciting without saying "60."

Any ideas?

I am sending out an invite for a friend's b-day. She is turning 60 and I want to say something like:

But, I do not like milestone. I want something that sounds nicer/exciting without saying "60."

Any ideas?

Benchmark?

Any ideas?

watershed

landmark

waypost

:p Woohoo for a thesaurus, unfortunatly, I don't know that any of these work too well.

I couldn't figure out why 60 was a milestone but my DH guessed because it's the start of a new decade? The only thing that he could come up with is that Jan is taking it to a new level. :lol:

I'd keep it to something like come celebrate her special day or come have a super birthday celebration. Then again, it comes across as celebrating a child's birthday.

Just remember:

become 21

turning 30

pushing 40

reach 50

make it to 60

hit 70

It's both funny and sad at the same time. :)

"Monumental", perhaps?

"Ushering in a new decade"?

The term "diamond" is used for a 60th wedding anniversary, so maybe you could work that in, using terms like "glitter" and "sparkle"?

Sorry, that's all I've got. :tongue_smilie:

HTH,

Do you have to be creative? Can't you just say "Please come to Jan's 60th birthday party," and let the recipients insert their own adjectives?

Way to take the wind out of the word finder's sails :smilielol5:

Actually, I agree with Ellie. Often creativity can get you into trouble... people start to think you're calling them dinosaurs and things :p

Younger people seem to love using the word *epic* these days to describe something grand in scale. :001_smile:

That is a good idea and does not imply that one is WAY OLD. ;)

"Please join us at Jan's EPIC birthday party!!" As long as people aren't getting visions of Charlton Heston as Moses it would be good.