Menu

Favorite Protein Powder?

I (indirectly!) second Jay Robb.

I don't use it, but my kids' dad does. I picked that brand over the others because it had no added sugars or chemical variations thereof, which (IMO) is most of his health/weight problem. It comes in Whey, Egg Protein, and Brown Rice versions, so there's something for everyone. It's on the more pricey side of protein powders, but it doesn't have a chalky aftertaste and it's pretty smooth. I've taken sips of my kids' dad's strawberry flavored shake, and it wasn't at all as unpleasant as some of the other brands he has gone through! And he's gone through most of them ...

We buy it at Whole Foods or online at Amazon (qualifies for free shipping). I've seen it in most health-food stores and even my neighborhood grocery store in the natural food section.

Food4thought, does the hemp protien taste all right in other things? Also, makes me wonder if it would affect any drug testing, like poppy seeds do? I don't currently have to take any drug tests, but would want to know just in case.

Hemp does not contain THC, which is the drug in marijuana, so it does not affect drug tests.

It has a flavor to it, sort of a natural grassy sort of flavor, so I imagine it would affect the taste of things you made. I've added it to blueberry muffins and liked it, but you'd have to decide for yourself because it is a little different. HTH.