Menu

Aarrggg mil

MIL is driving me INSANE!

Everytime dd spends time hanging out with her she comes home saying she wants to go to school or is thinking about not homeschooling.

I already spent $200 in supplies and books for next year and since dd went to the zoo with MIL yesterday I found a note on my computer. "Mom, I am never going to homeschool ever again. I miss them."

:cursing:

I am so tired of the manipulation. Dd is an extremely sensitive and emotional child. This cannot be good for her. If dh doesn't talk to them I will. I am D-U-N done!

That would be the end of visits to grandma for me!

:iagree:

Have you spoken to MIL? Or better yet, has your husband spoken to your MIL about the choice you have made for YOUR daughter (not hers)?

And I've had to do what the PP did, had to be in the same room w/ our kids and a certain family member. This person just can't be trusted with their conversation.

That would be the end of visits to grandma for me!

:iagree: My MIL is getting better. She would tell the kids that maybe they would get to go to regular school one day and made it sound like a trip to the ice cream parlor. :glare: She didn't do it very often though and we never did unchaperoned visits anyway, for other reasons. But I would quit letting dd go with grandma if she keeps undermining your parental decisions.

I am going to have dh discuss it with her.

My MIL is generally fine but once she gets annoyed with something she really pushes and pushes.

Last time this happened dd and I sat down and discussed it. We worked it out and then went and bought all sorts of supplies and some books. I still need to order a few more books.

Now she is all freaking out about it again and I had to calm her down again. Dd is VERY dramatic and this is exhausting with someone manipulating her.

Edited by Sis