Menu

Favourite mint recipes

I make these Afghan-style kebabs when I have lots of mint:

1 cup plain yogurt

1 T minced garlic

1/2 tsp turmeric

1/4 tsp cayenne

1 tsp salt

1/2 c mint leaves, minced (use kitchen shears)

2 pounds chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces

Combine everything except the chicken, then stir in the chicken and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Thread onto skewers and grill or broil.

Thank you! I made a basil mint potato salad from Tasty Kitchen tonight and my non potato salad eating son said it was the best meal and he would eat it for breakfast :lol:

I was looking for choc chip mint ice cream recipes the other day and the recipes I pulled up all had mint flavouring as opposed to actual mint :glare: I'll keep looking for that one though!

Thanks again!

Thank you! I made a basil mint potato salad from Tasty Kitchen tonight and my non potato salad eating son said it was the best meal and he would eat it for breakfast :lol:

I was looking for choc chip mint ice cream recipes the other day and the recipes I pulled up all had mint flavouring as opposed to actual mint :glare: I'll keep looking for that one though!

Thanks again!

ooo that does sound yummy!

You probably know this one, but my son was raving about some lemonade he had yesterday that had mint sprigs added. He loved it and made some of his own today with the mint from our garden. I usually use mint only to make mint tea.

Mint Punch

1/2 cup water

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup fresh mint leaves

1 cup white grape juice

1 cup orange juice

1/2 cup lime juice

Warm the water until it just boils, remove from heat, add the sugar and most of the mint leaves (save a few for garnish). Stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved. When the mixture cools, strain out the mint, add the grape, orange and lime juices, and place in the refrigerator to chill. Serve over ice with a mint leaf on top. Makes six 4-oz. servings.