Menu

First it was Uncrustables, then Peanut Butter slices, now we have...

We make our own uncrustables using this from pampered chef. I have not tried to freeze them though...

I will have to get one of those next time MIL has a pampered chef party.

Tomorrow is farmer's market and I cannot wait to get more Mennonite jelly. This thread is doing horrible things to my jelly consumption.

I think the fact that they are frozen is the best part. They are good for packing a lunch that way, and they are tasty straight out of the freezer. I have even tried making my own by making a pbj and using a cookie cutter to cut out the middle and sort of smush the edges to seal them. They taste good but the edges tend to pop open. I do have more flavor options when making my own though. Right now we have homemade honey peach jam.

That black raspberry sounds good too. :)

The last Mennonite jelly we had was peach, it was yummy. :)

Edited by Sis

I don't even know what an 'uncrustable' is, and am really, really, regretting clicking any links with 'sandwich' and 'can' involved. *gack*:ack2:

It's a premade peanut butter & jelly sandwich, with the crusts cut off, in a circle shape, found in the frozen food section. For those who find the thought of spreading peanut butter to be overwhelming.

It's a premade peanut butter & jelly sandwich, with the crusts cut off, in a circle shape, found in the frozen food section. For those who find the thought of spreading peanut butter to be overwhelming.

Oh goodness... that list of ingredients is scary. I guess it's just one more food item that isn't really food.

That is totally something my husband would eat. :laugh:

It's not available in Canada though, according to an article I read (actual site wouldn't work, so I googled)

I've never heard of any of those things. Who can't make a pbj?? Seriously??

You people have disgusting things passing for food down there.

the Mennonites are putting addictive ingredients in their jelly)

Shhhhh... it's called fruit... don't tell or then ALL the jam companies will copy it and get everyone addicted to *gasp* fruit. :lol:

LOL...here's the thing. Here's what's in one of my peanut butter sandwiches:

Bread: whole wheat flour, steel cut oats, honey, salt, yeast, water

Peanut Butter: Peanuts, salt

Jelly: fruit, pectin, and one of the following: honey, a small amount of sugar, or stevia

Then there are Uncrustables (I'm not even gonna look at the canwich)

BREAD: ENRICHED UNBLEACHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), WATER, UNBLEACHED WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, YEAST, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL AND/OR SOYBEAN OIL, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: WHEAT GLUTEN, SALT, DOUGH CONDITIONERS (MAY CONTAIN ONE OR MORE OF: DIACETYL TARTARIC ACID ESTERS OF MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES (DATEM), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, ETHOXYLATED MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, CALCIUM PEROXIDE, ASCORBIC ACID, AZODICARBONAMIDE, L-CYSTEINE), YEAST NUTRIENTS (MAY CONTAIN ONE OR MORE OF: MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, AMMONIUM SULFATE), CALCIUM PROPIONATE (MAINTAIN FRESHNESS), CORNSTARCH, ENZYMES (WITH WHEAT). PEANUT BUTTER: PEANUTS, DEXTROSE, SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: PARTIALLY AND FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED AND/OR RAPESEED), SALT, MOLASSES, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES (PALM AND/OR SOYBEAN OILS). GRAPE JELLY: GRAPE JUICE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: PECTIN, CITRIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), SODIUM CITRATE.

No one is ever going to convince me that a preponderance of foods with ingredient lists like that doesn't add up to poor health. It also seems to explain how corn molecules have been found in human hair. Who expects corn in their peanut butter sandwich? It's everywhere.

I think they put in fruit and opium. It is SO GOOD!! And it makes me feel happy. :)

I got two jars this week. Yum.

Obviously, I need to move closer to your kind of Mennonites. :D

I'm just mean like that. LOL :D I think that cutting the crusts off sandwiches-- 1) is wasteful--unless you actually use the crusts for something else, and 2) encourages picky eating, which just rubs me the wrong way anyway.

:leaving:

Ding, ding, ding! I was HOPING someone would say this. Now I feel vindicated. :tongue_smilie: