Menu

Can I become a hermit please?!!!!

Really, I want to to move to some tiny cabin in the mountains and be dropped shipped food and supplies...say....twice a year...please!!!!

Np sports! Dramatic horse moms! Nasty neighbors, insane family members, and my gas bill would plummit because I wouldn't be driveing anywhere :)

You know how some people have that quiet place they go to in their minds...a tropical beach somewhere. For me it a log cabin in the mountains...yup I want to run away...can you tell? :)

Really, I want to to move to some tiny cabin in the mountains and be dropped shipped food and supplies...say....twice a year...please!!!!

Np sports! Dramatic horse moms! Nasty neighbors, insane family members, and my gas bill would plummit because I wouldn't be driveing anywhere :)

You know how some people have that quiet place they go to in their minds...a tropical beach somewhere. For me it a log cabin in the mountains...yup I want to run away...can you tell? :)

Um, I live in the mountains. Nobody drop ships food here. We have to drive 30 minutes to get to the 3-cash register grocery store built in 1970. There are insane families abounding, nasty neighbors aplenty, droves of dramatic horse moms...and soccer tournaments on sunday. Hate to burst your bubble. :smash: This used to be our retreat until we moved here. Never move to your getaway...then there's no where to get away to.

Geo

Edited by Geo

As a former horse show mom, baseball mom, basketball mom,marathon mom, I just wanted to say I feel your pain!

However, my youngest is in college now and my house is quiet. There is nowhere I have to go and nobody who needs a new saddlepad or running shoes in the next twenty minutes. :-) I have time to read, knit, go out to lunch with friends, and contemplate my addiction to a homeschooling forum when I am no longer homeschooling anybody. My house is clean and stays that way. My husband and I have unlimited uninterrupted conversations and leisurely dinners. I have a part time job, keep my grandkids twice a week, and take college classes for pure enjoyment and not credit. And if I could trade places with you right now, I would do it in a heartbeat. Those frantic years of kids in the house were heaven on earth. I just didn't know it until it was over.

Enjoy your life. Change is just around the corner.

As a former horse show mom, baseball mom, basketball mom,marathon mom, I just wanted to say I feel your pain!

However, my youngest is in college now and my house is quiet. There is nowhere I have to go and nobody who needs a new saddlepad or running shoes in the next twenty minutes. :-) I have time to read, knit, go out to lunch with friends, and contemplate my addiction to a homeschooling forum when I am no longer homeschooling anybody. My house is clean and stays that way. My husband and I have unlimited uninterrupted conversations and leisurely dinners. I have a part time job, keep my grandkids twice a week, and take college classes for pure enjoyment and not credit. And if I could trade places with you right now, I would do it in a heartbeat. Those frantic years of kids in the house were heaven on earth. I just didn't know it until it was over.

Enjoy your life. Change is just around the corner.

This is really good for me to remember! I'll just plan on a major staycation in 13 yrs! :)

I homeschool 3, have a bonus child (YA actually-maybe you saw my cry for help recently), a job, a dh who is an academic (read: works long hours) and aging parents and ILs in other states. My youngest 2 are spending 2 weeks with grandma and grandpa (thankyouthankyouthankyou), and last night 9 yo told me he is ready to come home. I am struggling with whether or not to drive a day up and day back to retrieve him early. But I dont' wanna!! I am cleaning, planning, selling and buying curric, enjoying my 17 yo who is soon leaving for 10 months. I know this is a season of life and I'll miss it. Just trying to remember that every day.

As I get older, I feel this way quite often!

Um, I live in the mountains. Nobody drop ships food here. We have to drive 30 minutes to get to the 3-cash register grocery store built in 1970. There are insane families abounding, nasty neighbors aplenty, droves of dramatic horse moms...and soccer tournaments on sunday. Hate to burst your bubble. :smash: This used to be our retreat until we moved here. Never move to your getaway...then there's no where to get away to.

Geo

OMG I live in WNC too...takes me 30 mins to get to a grocery store. A regular one but still....

We so want to move closer but finding decent rentals, with a decent price with a decent landlord :glare: is near impossible!

I wouldn't mind being a hermit in my own house. My problem is "everyone wants a piece of me" syndrome. I hate to hear the doorbell or phone ring. I wouldn't mind staying here if everyone would just go away and leave me alone.

Cat in Black, thanks for sharing.

OMG I live in WNC too...takes me 30 mins to get to a grocery store. A regular one but still....

We so want to move closer but finding decent rentals, with a decent price with a decent landlord :glare: is near impossible!

Wait a second...it's cheaper to live in the mountains then closer to civilization...ummm what's rent in your area for say a 3 or 4 bedroom?

If it's anything comprable to here I would move in a heart beat!!!!!