Menu

I'm not perfect.

I know this is going to come as a shock to everybody, but I am not perfect. I make mistakes all the time. I have selfish thoughts and motives. I am tempted by pride. I am tempted by riches. I am tempted to appreciate good-looking deacon from my church. I yell at my kids. I open my mouth when I really ought to keep it shut. I get tired and don;' express myself with the love and sensitivity you all deserve.

I just can't stand the pressure anymore to be perfect because I am a Christian. God does not expect this from me - so why do people?

I do my best, but I will dissapoint you sooner or later. I am sorry. Please don't blame Christ for my failing.

Thanks for listening.

Guest Virginia Dawn
I know this is going to come as a shock to everybody, but I am not perfect. I make mistakes all the time. I have selfish thoughts and motives. I am tempted by pride. I am tempted by riches. I am tempted to appreciate good-looking deacon from my church. I yell at my kids. I open my mouth when I really ought to keep it shut. I get tired and don;' express myself with the love and sensitivity you all deserve.

I just can't stand the pressure anymore to be perfect because I am a Christian. God does not expect this from me - so why do people?

I do my best, but I will dissapoint you sooner or later. I am sorry. Please don't blame Christ for my failing.

Thanks for listening.

Oh, honey, join the club. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so far from perfect I don't even know what it looks like! You really expressed, though, how I feel all the time. Please, please don't look to me for that symbol of perfection. I am not Christ. I do not live a sinless life. Please don't look at me and use me as your reason for shrugging off Christianity b/c I'm just like you! That's what I feel like saying to my friends and family. I'm so far from perfect...that's why I NEED Christ in my life so much. You said it beautifully and you are so not alone. :grouphug:

S T O P

You sound like I did a couple of years ago. Sometimes that awful burden will rear its ugly head and its from the devil I tell ya!

You know you aren't perfect. That's good. :D

Now, stop worrying about what others think/say about you. (harder) :glare:

I may print this out and have to read it to myself a few weeks or months down the road.

But honestly, no one expects you to be perfect. There are those that put on a good show, but really, what is the big deal about admitting you aren't?! I mean, good night! I sin every day. Every single stinkin' day. My foster daughter's mom said I was the perfect mother once. I about choked what I was drinking. Uh, wrong-o. There is no such thing. One time I felt that pressure, but what a relief it is NOT to for the most part. My kids NEED to see me fail, mess up, sin. They need to see how I work through it, ask God for forgiveness, ask THEM for forgiveness, or their father.

I'm so glad you shared this. I think many of us have been there or are there. It's worse than big 'ole saggy books. It's a huge weight and no one needs to bear it because it's just not possible to obtain.

I hope this helps. :grouphug:

Tracie

Thanks for listening.

God does not expect this from me - so why do people?

Because when you say, "Follow me," people think you are actually saying, "Be like me."

The reason some people do not know my faith is because I don't know how to say, "I know the way," without giving the impression that I will not stumble (often) between here and there.

(((beansprouts)))

Thanks for listening.

Awww, ((Beansprouts))

Remember, Jesus' yoke is easy and His burden is light.

You are not alone, sweets.:grouphug:

I know this is going to come as a shock to everybody, but I am not perfect.

Thanks for listening.

Good on ya'!!!

Apply all of the above to me as well.

The best part is that in God's eyes (looking at you through Jesus) you *are* perfect! That is the work of grace!! And, I for one, as so grateful for it!!:grouphug:

What's that praise song we sang tonight. . . . .

"Because the sinless Savior died,

My guilty soul is counted free;

For God the just is satisfied

to look on Him and pardon me."

:grouphug:

I'm so far from perfect I don't even know what it looks like! You really expressed, though, how I feel all the time. Please, please don't look to me for that symbol of perfection. I am not Christ. I do not live a sinless life. Please don't look at me and use me as your reason for shrugging off Christianity b/c I'm just like you! That's what I feel like saying to my friends and family. I'm so far from perfect...that's why I NEED Christ in my life so much. You said it beautifully and you are so not alone. :grouphug:

Wow, both of you summed it up SO well.

I totally agree (for myself being so far from perfect)

You ladies are awesome - Thank you so much for your encourging responses!

I wasn't trying to start a pity party. I am generally comfortable with who I am, faults and all. Occasionally, I do need that little pick-me-up though. I am going to bookmark this thread so I can read it next time I need to hear these things.

I really just wanted to show people that they often place an impossible standard on Christians, then point at us when we fail. The big generalizations seem to be that we are "self-righteous" and "judgemental" (which are judgements, BTW ;-)) It has been my experience that my Christian brothers and sisters are less judgemental and more understanding than others in the world. Go figure.

Also, why is it acceptable to make sweeping judgements about Christians when we wouldn't dream of doing so for any other group based on their race, ethnicity, nationality, or faith?

I really just wanted to show people that they often place an impossible standard on Christians, then point at us when we fail. The big generalizations seem to be that we are "self-righteous" and "judgemental" (which are judgements, BTW ;-))

Also, why is it acceptable to make sweeping judgements about Christians when we wouldn't dream of doing so for any other group based on their race, ethnicity, nationality, or faith?

Good Question!!!!!