Menu

OK all you DIGI-SCRAPPERS....

I did it. I bit the bullet, installed Photoshop Elements 7.0 and started messing around with digital scrapping.

and

I LOVE IT!!!!!

So here is where you come in. Can we do a thread with the BEST of the BEST in digital scrapping? the BEST

tutorials

designers

websites

stores

idea places

blogs

tricks and tips

the BEST of the BEST of everything digi-scrap!!!

You can click on my blog to see my first attempts as long as your PROMISE not to laugh! I'm a novice but I am willing to glean all the info I can from you ladies. I'M SO EXCITED!!

My favorite digi hangout is Digishoptalk.

Favorite stores: OScraps, AfterFiveDesigns, Scrapbookgraphics, Shabbypickledesigns, ScrapArtist, Catscrap

A wonderful place to get info on using PSE is Elements Village.

Is this enough to get you started? Be warned--it IS addictive, and can be very time-consuming, so don't forget to put your big girl self-discipline panties on! :lol:

I like Scrapbook Flair for embellishments, papers, etc. If you sign up they will send you a link every week or so with a new Free Designer Collection. They are only free for a couple months so you have to save them to your hard drive but recent ones have been - Loving Memory (Memorial Day/Patriotic - may still be available), soccer, cheerleading, birthday, cinco de mayo, teen years, our earth is special (earth day).

I get most my digital supplies here:

http://www.designerdigitals.com

Every Thursday they have 30% off specials and a .99 item.

Every Sunday they have 2 .50 items and sale prices

Every Sunday they have 3 free digital items you can download.

There are excellent scrapbooking tutorials using PSE and PS with step by step instructions and usually some products to use. You buy these, but they are well worth the price and if you have questions about them, you can post on the forums and the author answers your questions.

I've been wanting to do digi scrapping for years, but have never done it yet. I'm bookmarking your website recommendations.

Is Photoshop Elements the recommended software for use on a Mac, too? I'm not sure what Heather in NC has, so I thought I'd check!

Thanks! Keep the websites coming :D.

I like the sites mentioned above - I've spent a lot of time at DigiShopTalk.

If you're into a more artistic approach (and thinking of art journaling or anything like that), Scrapbookgraphics is one of my favorites.

Scrapbook-Bytes used to be *the* site, but the digi world moves really fast. Anyway, they have a great section of archived tutorials here.

Have fun! It's addictive! :D

I bought the full version of Photoshop last year after years of using Paint Shop Pro. Taking classes at GoDigitalScrapbooking really helped me with the program. I also like doing challenges, there and other places, because it helps make me do something new. I use a lot of templates as well.

My favorite digi sites are (I'm sure some of these are duplicates, but this is from the spreadsheet I use to keep track of purchases):

ScrapOrchard

Peppermint Creative

ScrapMatters

Scrapbook Graphics

The Lily Pad

Go Digital Scrapbooking

GottaPixel

SweetShoppe

InspirationLane

GingerScraps

DigitalScrapCafe

I also subscribe to a lot of blogs for freebies and sale announcements. CraftCrave does a daily list of freebies, but it's gotten that a lot of them aren't usable (to me anyway) any more.

Just be careful. It's easy to spend lots of money because it's only $5 here, $10 there. Suddenly, you've spent $$$.

You'll also need an external hard drive. Kits take up space fast. And make sure you back up your stuff because if you lose it, most of the time you can't redownload it. I also backup stuff to mozy as a precaution. I used to burn to cds, but it got out of hand.