Menu

Favorite Charlotte Mason sites?

This board is by far the most active hs site in general and I do love it!

But I do love the Charlotte Mason education philosophy and enjoy discussing this style of hsing and related resources more specifically.

Other than the CM and secular CM yahoo groups, what are some other active or up to date CM sites out there now? (I do read the yahoo groups but they are just not conducive to good discussions or searching for info KWIM?)

How about some great CM type blogs?

I do know of:

Penny Gardner's site

Simply Charlotte Mason

Ambleside

thanks! :001_smile:

Ann

WOW! The ambleside site is very helpful-I wish I would have had this years ago!

I'm going to spend some serious time reading here and reviewing things I thought I knew about AO ... ;)

Love the heartofwisdom.com blog too :)

Thanks!

WOW! The ambleside site is very helpful-I wish I would have had this years ago!

I'm going to spend some serious time reading here and reviewing things I thought I knew about AO ... ;)

Love the heartofwisdom.com blog too :)

Thanks!

Do you know there are amazing Ambleside Yahoo groups? I can't believe the wealth of information and schedules, etc. in the files sections alone. There are groups for various years and then there is AmblesideOnline and AmbleRamble.

Do you know there are amazing Ambleside Yahoo groups? I can't believe the wealth of information and schedules, etc. in the files sections alone. There are groups for various years and then there is AmblesideOnline and AmbleRamble.

Yes, I belong to the yahoo groups, they are just harder to follow. But you're right, there is great info there.

That's a great blog too!

By Sun and Candlelight is my favorite CM-type blog. VERY organized planner and wonderful baker (linking to my fav post on her site) but tons and tons of helpful posts on her site. This blog is where I first learned what a home management binder was and promptly made one. Lovely, lovely blog.

I'd really like to incorporate more CM into our homeschool day. Mater Amabils is the free Catholic CM curriculum but if chosen to could be adapted for secular use. I noticed that the history in M.A. is broken into Ancient, National and Geography (love the Holling C. Holling suggestions).

Nature Study in addition to Science. Poetry in addition to Literature. Shakespeare.