Menu

Razors and Blackberries and Droids oh my!

Please help me people. I am one year into my second Razor phone using Verison/Alltel. It is a fine phone. However, now that I am officially a Real Estate Agent (ha!) I feel I may soon need to join the rest of the techies of the working world.

I can get a Blackberry curve for $29 after rebate. Or a Droid for $199 after rebate. HOW can there be that much difference between the two? I WANT a Droid because it is the latest wizzy thing...but it won't be the latest in oh say a month or so.

If anyone has ANY feedback on ANY of this stuff....let me know. I am so confused.

Not to confuse you any more, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my iphone! I can't believe how awesome it is!

I have no experience with the other two though. Good luck!

\

lalalalalalal.....I am under contract with Verison for another year....plus I am a 20 year customer and I just hate change.

Droid is suppose to be the Verison version of IPhone I think. Anyone?

The Blackberry is so 8 years ago (or more). Get a Droid! Your image can't go wrong with a Droid. (Can you tell I love my Droid?)

But really.. if you walk out of there with a Blackberry, are you going to be happy? Or are you going to be grumpy cause it isn't what you really wanted, and you're going to be stuck with it for the next two years?

Please help me people. I am one year into my second Razor phone using Verison/Alltel. It is a fine phone. However, now that I am officially a Real Estate Agent (ha!) I feel I may soon need to join the rest of the techies of the working world.

I can get a Blackberry curve for $29 after rebate. Or a Droid for $199 after rebate. HOW can there be that much difference between the two? I WANT a Droid because it is the latest wizzy thing...but it won't be the latest in oh say a month or so.

If anyone has ANY feedback on ANY of this stuff....let me know. I am so confused.

Wait a few months and the driod will be ATLEAST half off!

\

lalalalalalal.....I am under contract with Verison for another year....plus I am a 20 year customer and I just hate change.

Droid is suppose to be the Verison version of IPhone I think. Anyone?

Apple should be releasing a version of the iPhone for the Verizon network soon. It will likely be announced in a couple of months and be for sale in the fall. The WSJ had an article on it recently. I'd consider waiting to see what is the plan for that. I love my iPhone, but AT&T leaves a lot to be desired!

If you can't wait, get a Droid. I looked at them a few months ago for ds and some authorized Verizon retail sites had it for half off. It's a really nice phone!!

I so covet Verizon's Droid. We have at&t and I heard that their new Droid isn't nearly as geeky as Verizon's.

I wouldn't want to pay $199, though. In March at&t had their Droid for $99 b1g1 free, but my husband had just bought him a new phone. :glare:

I'd stick with the razr for another month or two and see if they will bring the price down, unless you really want it. :D

The BlackBerry Curve is a really good phone for a nice, cheap price! (Mine was free ordered online, with a preferred customer discount)

The buttons take some getting used to, but it has easy email/facebook/other apps, and can use wifi. The regular internet browser is a bit awkward, so I wouldn't get it for frequent browsing, but it does a good job when you need it.

I was looking at the Droid, but I hate touch screens (and the price, when compared to FREE, lol)

Droid Droid Droid!!!! I have a Blackberry, and it's OK, but I don't love it. I definitely don't use it for all the things my DH wants me to use it for :lol: But I recently saw and played with a friend's Droid, and oh my goodness, it's amazing. I want it so badly, but alas, we are AT&T customers with over a year on DH's contract.

The Droid interface is so user-friendly compared with the Blackberry's (IMO). It looks just like a computer screen, and it's crisp and clean. I love the touchscreen. I agree with the others who are saying to wait a few months and snag it at a lower price.

I love it so far! I also had a Razor that I was very done with - never learned to love that thing!

FWIW, I purchased the Droid at Costco. It was only $99! (they recently lowered the price there - instead of buy-one get-one at the Verizon store, they just are selling the individual phone for less) PLUS, you get a Costco instant rebate for $25 (not sure why, and not sure if it was a limited time thing....). Additionally, Costco includes a little "bundle" of complimentary accessories - a car charger, a ear bud set, and a cheap leather-ish case (better than nothing!). So the phone cost was not too bad! I also don't text - at all - so I didn't add that to my monthly contract - just voice and data. Saves money. Anyway, the guy there told me that to buy the phone, people should go to non-corporate stores to get the best deals (like Costco or Best Buy), but then for service or accessories, the corporate stores are the place to go...

Good luck! Love my Droid! (Still figuring it out.... :-) My favorite part so far is it's awesome interfacing to Google (gmail) - calendar, contacts, maps, etc. It automatically (after plugging in my gmail account) loaded my gmail contacts, and the calendar link goes right to my gmail calendar. I didn't have to do anything else to make those connections happen! Oh, and the contacts - they automatically have the profile pics of my Facebook Friends! So cool and easy....

GL and have fun!

- Stacey in MA

Thanks everyone! This has been VERY helpful. Please keep comments coming...helps so much.

If the BB doesn't do regular browsing well, I am not sure I want it. I think that is going to be the purpose of going to a different phone-being able to get on line when I need to. I need to be able to access the Multi-List...

So happy to hear the Droid is user friendly.

Anyone else?

Apple should be releasing a version of the iPhone for the Verizon network soon. It will likely be announced in a couple of months and be for sale in the fall. The WSJ had an article on it recently. I'd consider waiting to see what is the plan for that. I love my iPhone, but AT&T leaves a lot to be desired!

I'm really hoping for an iPhone on the Verizon network. We've had Verizon for many years, and don't want to switch. But if I needed to get something now, I'd get a Droid for sure. They're very cool.

Wendi

Apple should be releasing a version of the iPhone for the Verizon network soon.
There is also a new Android phone coming to the Verizon network soon: Google Nexus One. IMO, this phone is superior to iPhone 3GS in every respect except the available apps, but there are already very many for Android! I wonder if Apple can match Nexus One with their next release.

I want one, but unfortunately, Nexus One also has a superior price tag. :tongue_smilie:

We have four Android phones here and LOVE them. (We're on T-Mobile.)

Dh went from the Curve to the Droid (make sure it is the Motorola Droid, not the HTC Droid Eris) and he is much happier. He can surf the web to his heart's content with Verizon's unlimited data package. He also like that it has a real keyboard in addition to the touch screen keypad. He says the touch one is okay for short stuff but when he is sending emails he likes having the real keypad. Also, the Android marketplace is adding new apps every day and I think soon it will rival Apple's marketplace for the Iphone