Menu

PSA: Black Adder is available via streaming at Netflix..

All of us - including the kids - are big fans. It was only WWI that I had any qualms about, because I find that one so sad. But in the end, I decided I was ok with that. I think ds was 9 or 10 when we started letting the kids watch them.

"I have a cunning plan, a plan so cunning you could........" is a common phrase around here.

I know my ds will love watching this. We are getting to the end of Red Dwarf and have been wondering what we should watch next.

A day never goes by here with out quotes from Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and Red Dwarf.

I highly recommend "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister". Great "spine" for civics, history, and sociology. It is available for streaming.

All of our dc love Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister. My question is about what age you think is appropriate for Black Adder. I have never watched any of it.

Series 1 is kind of OK for later part of elementary school, especially if you've gone through SOTW II. There are adult jokes but they could go over a kid's head.

Series 2 has too many s@xual references. I enjoyed it as an older teenager when I stumbled across it. I don't remember Series 3.

All of our dc love Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister. My question is about what age you think is appropriate for Black Adder. I have never watched any of it.

There are lots of crude jokes/references, so you'll have to decide what age is appropriate in your family.

I personally think it's hilarious...but like 30 Rock, I didn't want my teens watching it b/c of the crudity.

At last, something I want to watch instantly.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I think season 3 is my favorite, with Hugh Laurie as Prince George - though I do love Queen Elizabeth in the 2nd season.

We're all fans here. Our kids have seen them all.