Menu

spring break is done...hard time getting back in the swing

We are taking today off -- we worked some days last week, and I've decided we are taking today off -- will get dd11 some clothes at the mall with her birthday money, will let everyone play in the yard (gorgeous weather), and we have Chess Club at 3 and lacrosse prax at 5.

Tomorrow, I crack the whip!250px-Indiana_Jones_1.jpgOR, I can empty a bank account and have HIM come crack the whip!:lol::lol::lol:

We are taking today off -- we worked some days last week, and I've decided we are taking today off -- will get dd11 some clothes at the mall with her birthday money, will let everyone play in the yard (gorgeous weather), and we have Chess Club at 3 and lacrosse prax at 5.

Tomorrow, I crack the whip!250px-Indiana_Jones_1.jpgOR, I can empty a bank account and have HIM come crack the whip!:lol::lol::lol:

AWESOME picture. I think I need one of those today :)

We have been on "Spring Break" for the past two weeks - and on vacation for the past five days. We returned yesterday to a pile of dirty laundry and a fridge that needs cleaned out before restocking.

Thankfully, I had already decided to take today off from school.

Now I had planned on starting back tomorrow...

:tongue_smilie:

But Wednesday is already scheduled as an 'off' day.

I'm already thinking about pushing it back to Thursday. :001_huh:

We have been on "Spring Break" for the past two weeks - and on vacation for the past five days. We returned yesterday to a pile of dirty laundry and a fridge that needs cleaned out before restocking.

Thankfully, I had already decided to take today off from school.

Now I had planned on starting back tomorrow...

:tongue_smilie:

But Wednesday is already scheduled as an 'off' day.

I'm already thinking about pushing it back to Thursday. :001_huh:

There's always next Monday. ;)

The big motivator here is that the end of the school year is within the planning horizon. I've mapped a few subjects out through the end of May. It's exciting to see that we will start finishing some things soon--youngest finishes FLL next week, spelling the week after. Science will be done in a couple of weeks. Four more weeks of Writing Tales for oldest. Everything will be done by Memorial Day weekend, most subjects that week or the week before. But it is energizing to get some things done. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

The big motivator here is that the end of the school year is within the planning horizon. Everything will be done by Memorial Day weekend, most subjects that week or the week before. But it is energizing to get some things done. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

:iagree:That is my motivation too. Finish by the end of May and then beach here we come!! Although, we will probably take our books and head for the beach for a week later this month. We do work on math over the summer, but something about math at the beach is just less stressful.

Ok, then. Today youngest dd did some grammar. (With some parental 'encouragement'). Wow. Like 5 pages. I was impressed. lol She also did some handwriting/geogrpahy work this morning on state capitals. (I had printed that out quite a bit ago and put it in her writing/copywork binder).

This morning Dad said, 'Some Saxon for you tomorrow, dearie". lol She sighed, but is fine. Re-entry to regular life after a long holiday (we took three weeks) is not easy.

Currently she is writing about said holiday, and did a FL wordsearch puzzle earlier, to get her head back there (according to her).

I'm not worried. She always manages to get some book learnin' done. ;)

Edited by LibraryLover

Guest Cindie2dds
Plus, we just did a unit on geography & culture at EPCOT.

:lol::tongue_smilie:

Kim Possible was one of our instructors. ;)

So glad to hear that counts! We're leaving tomorrow morning. :D

He had a very light week followed by a week at the beach and then yesterday off as the PS kids were still home. UGH. So reluctant to work today but whatever. He is ready for 6th grade so I am just reading water with him. We will continue to hit writing hard through the summer as well as reading. Those are the areas he really struggles with in terms of interest.

I'm avoiding a complete break after the horrible week we had getting back into the swing of things after our winter break.

We're taking our spring break this week and are doing math, spelling and English, along with catching up on the Netflix movies we didn't watch last week (Joan of Arch and Henry V). We're finished in less than two hours (not including the movies) and have time to do some fun things.

Hopefully, the transition back to a full day next week won't be too bad.

So glad to hear that counts! We're leaving tomorrow morning. :D

Everything counts! And nobody tell me that floating alongside a mantaee in a canal on a kayak for two hours didn't count, just as the dolphin/nature boat tour in the bay counted, or the day at the Lowry Zoo. (Gosh, I love Lowry). We spent time near Tampa and Clearwater as well, so did quite a bit. My sisters met me in Fl, and they practically begged me not to make them go see Winter again: www.seewinter.com/winter/dvd-documentary/watch-the-trailer

I just don't understand them. I could go every week. lol

There is no way to separate our living from our learning.

I thought the Kim Possible game in Epcot was quite interesting, so I'd encourage doing it. I mean it's not 'rigorous' or anything, but it's not nothing. Ok, it's not the least little bit like actually going to China. ;)

You can do the mask craft, and then the symbol collections in each country. We did the whole passport sticker thing as well. The kit is $10, but I thought worth it. It's fun to read the colors in each language, and ask the representatives from their home countries to help you pronounce them. My dd enjoyed it. I was chatting with the young student rep from the UK, and I joked 'How do you say 'red' in British?" She laughed and said , "You'd be surprised at how many people ask that question seriously".

Edited by LibraryLover

Guest Cindie2dds
Everything counts! And nobody tell me that floating alongside a mantaee in a canal on a kayak for two hours didn't count, just as the dolphin/nature boat tour in the bay counted, or the day at the Lowry Zoo. (Gosh, I love Lowry). We spent time near Tampa and Clearwater as well, so did quite a bit. My sisters met me in Fl, and they practically begged me not to make them go see Winter again: www.seewinter.com/winter/dvd-documentary/watch-the-trailer

I just don't understand them. I could go every week. lol

There is no way to separate our living from our learning.

I thought the Kim Possible game in Epcot was quite interesting, so I'd encourage doing it. I mean it's not 'rigorous' or anything, but it's not nothing. Ok, it's not the least little bit like actually going to China. ;)

You can do the mask craft, and then the symbol collections in each country. We did the whole passport sticker thing as well. The kit is $10, but I thought worth it. It's fun to read the colors in each language, and ask the representatives from their home countries to help you pronounce them. My dd enjoyed it. I was chatting with the young student rep from the UK, and I joked 'How do you say 'red' in British?" She laughed and said , "You'd be surprised at how many people ask that question seriously".

Thanks for the tips. I would have never spent $10 on a passport for each kid, but if you think about it, they will probably be much more interested in the countries when we get back and actually get into the swing of things.

I'll try the Kim Possible too. We have never watched it, so I wouldn't have even thought to try it. :D

We're going to Tampa next month to go see family. Wow, I should just email you and pick your brain!

Edited by Cindie2dds

We don't get cable, but the Kim Possible cartoon was on our radar because of our hotel stays. lol It's not necessary to know her. At all. I am not saying it's the greatest thing ever, but it's fun to look for the tips and you learn about the Chinese Zodiac. The little hand held cell-phone thing-y ( don't know what this is really called lol) opens a lock and lights things up. It's really quite engaging. Your little one may be too young, but your older child may really enjoy it. Good luck with it. :)

Thanks for the tips. I would have never spent $10 on a passport for each kid, but if you think about it, they will probably be much more interested in the countries when we get back and actually get into the swing of things.

I'll try the Kim Possible too. We have never watched it, so I wouldn't have even thought to try it. :D

We're going to Tampa next month to go see family. Wow, I should just email you and pick your brain!