Menu

homeschooling planner

pjssully

I am looking for a school/schedule planner for three kids. I may have to go with two--one for 11 year old and 1 for twins-that would be olk too. I have searched and found nothing. I would really rather not come up with my own planner type of grid, but it would be so much easier to have it all done for me.

any recommendations?

pam

I made my own last year and love it. I have tweaked it to accomidate our next years curr. but definitely plan on using it again.

If you want a copy you can pm me your email and I will try to send you a pdf file.

Can I get one too???? I had one I was using for 2 kids and now with the addition of my sdd11 I am back to searching.

Hate to be the voice of dissent but I bought the Well Planned Day last year...at full price, I might add...and have barely used it. I was desperate to get control and organize my life before school started that I thought it would be perfect. If you follow a basic textbook approach to your school, you'll be fine with it but we're not in the typical textbook so I can't write "pg. 55-56" on the History line. It was completely unworkable for me. I wish I'd realized it before I bought it. I was just so excited with the semester goals and the yearly goals, not to mention having my menu and shopping lists contained that I didn't think it through well. So before you buy, count how many subjects you have think about what you'd have to write down first. And look at the sample and see if you can actually fit a menu on those little lines. I couldn't.

Someone on the boards recommended homeschool tracker to me and I downloaded the free copy immediately. It is awesome! I am usually a pen and paper type of gal, but using the program has really been helpful. I can print up my dds week of assignments and give that to her on Monday, and then she knows what is expected of her for the week. I don't know what the difference is with the version you pay for, but I think the free version is amazing.

I tend to change planners a lot, and the one thing I have found is to try to plan with the sample page before you buy/print off tons of pages.

If it is easy to work with then you probably have found the one you are looking for. If not you will have a better idea of what you do want in a planner.