Menu

Bottle of honey mustard sauce left out overnight . . .

...used it anyway because I refused to throw away a whole, just-opened bottle. We had no adverse effects. As for the honey mustard, it's probably just fine. My MIL & SIL never refrigerate things like honey mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. and while I don't find them particularly appetizing, they aren't spoiled.

I really shouldn't buy anything with ingredient names I can't pronounce, should I? I'm moving s-l-o-w-l-y in a healthy direction . . . ;)

Not to bludgeon you ;)

...too much.

Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil is just about the least healthful thing a person can consume. Ditch it!

Yours truly :001_smile:

Bill

My MIL & SIL never refrigerate things like honey mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. and while I don't find them particularly appetizing, they aren't spoiled.

I saw something in Cooks Illustrated where they compared ketchup that was refrigerated or not. I think eventually (or sooner?) the unrefrigerated ketchup started to taste, shall we say, "not so fresh," but it didn't spoil.

My grandma used to keep her margarine in the cupboard with the cups, and I always thought that was sort of exciting!