Menu

I did it!

I got my nose pierced! I have wanted to do it for several years, but I never had the nerve. This past weekend, I had a reunion/sleepover with a bunch of my friends from high school, and the next day, some of us went and got it done. I love it so much!!

So who else has their nose pierced? I was wondering if it is entirely necessary to wait 3 months before changing the jewelry to something else.

I am looking for a good place online to buy a hoop. It has a little stud now, which I like and will wear most often, but I want a little hoop for when I'm feeling sassy.

I will post a pic when I get a good one.

:party:

Can't answer your questions, but had to reply. People think I'm weird for wanting my nose pierced as well. I'm waiting for DD to turn 18....3 more months! Then we're going to get it done together right before she heads off to college. :D

Sounds great to me!

What do your dds think? I bet they think it's pretty!!!

I actually like a pierced nose! I think it's really pretty. Did it hurt?? (I'm too chicken to actually get it done!!!)

My oldest, who is my "straight and narrow" child does not like it, but I knew she wouldn't. My 6 year old loves it, and my 4 year old just keeps asking why I have a diamond in my nose. :lol: My husband REALLY likes it!!!

It actually didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought. I have a low pain tolerance, but I do have a pretty big tattoo on my back. I went first for the piercing because I wanted it over with. There was a lot of intense pressure for a few seconds and then a pinch, and it was over. It was sore for a couple of days, but now it feels great, and I even forget it's there. I love it! It is very pretty!!

I have mine done. Got it done, wow, maybe three years ago now. It suits me. My sister and I got it done together (when she was 14!) It suits us both!! It DID hurt! But worth it. And WAIT the three months to change the stud. Noses are tricky to heal.

• 2 months later...
Can't answer your questions, but had to reply. People think I'm weird for wanting my nose pierced as well. I'm waiting for DD to turn 18....3 more months! Then we're going to get it done together right before she heads off to college. :D

Hockey Mom:

Sort of, mother-daughter bonding, right?

Take care.

Hockey Mom:

Sort of, mother-daughter bonding, right?

Take care.

Kind of. I started toying with the idea a few years ago. Then when DD was a young teen she mentioned that she wanted to get her nose pierced. So I told her if she could wait until she was 18, I'd go with her and we'd both get it done together. It was in part because I wanted her to hold off a bit longer (she was 13 at the time), and partly because I had always wanted one.

Leave it alone and let it heal! Just like a kid. :)

I have to say, you're a lucky one if you have a stud. I had months of one of those crazy nose screws. I hate those things.

Good for you for doing what you like. Enjoy. I've had my nose pierced since I was 19, and have quite literally gone years without jewelry in. It has never closed, and the hole is completely invisible. For me, it has been fun, convenient, and no-maintenance.