Menu

If you have a second, look at this fabric for me...

Wow, that's a tough call. I personally think it's one of those things that will take on the color of what you put next to it. In the darker blue shades, I think it leans more to teal, but in the lighter blues, it seems grayer.

Generally speaking, doesn't a larger piece of fabric, in good light (like outdoors!), look lighter in general? Just my guess that some aqua tone might pop up in the light.

I tried going to Sunbrella's website figuring they'd have a more accurate representation (websites try harder to get the colors accurate than an ebay seller likely would, but it is still no guarantee).

That particular fabric isn't listed so it's probably not this season's fabric. BUT...you might give Sunbrella a call and ask them. I know that for current fabrics I have called the manufacturer and asked them about the pallette....seems like you should be able to get that information for past seasons as well.

Wow, that's a tough call. I personally think it's one of those things that will take on the color of what you put next to it. In the darker blue shades, I think it leans more to teal, but in the lighter blues, it seems grayer.

Generally speaking, doesn't a larger piece of fabric, in good light (like outdoors!), look lighter in general? Just my guess that some aqua tone might pop up in the light.

:iagree:

The fabric isn't actually going to be used outside. If you click on this link, then scroll down and look at the hotel bed picture, I want to make a fabric whatever-it's-called to go at the bottom of my bed. I have a dog that sleeps at the very foot of my bed, and I was thinking that if I used Sunbrella fabric, it would be tough enough to stand up to "doggie traffic" on the bed.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/files/2009/06/san-francisco-st-regis-hotel-bed.jpg

Her ad states that she'll send you a swatch.

Yes, I just wasn't sure about the time frame. The ebay listing only lasts for another 3 days, and it's going to take longer for a swatch to get to me from Pittsburgh. I've sent a message to the seller, asking about the color, and whether that fabric will still be available for sale after the current auction ends. I just thought maybe I could get a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, and 5th) opinion from the smart women here. I love the immediate input! :001_smile:

Yes, I just wasn't sure about the time frame. The ebay listing only lasts for another 3 days, and it's going to take longer for a swatch to get to me from Pittsburgh. I've sent a message to the seller, asking about the color, and whether that fabric will still be available for sale after the current auction ends. I just thought maybe I could get a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, and 5th) opinion from the smart women here. I love the immediate input! :001_smile:

Well, in that case, my opinion is that it's pretty. :001_smile:

It needs to match your room though right? Any chance you could buy it and get a new bedding set if it doesn't? :D

To me, on my computer it looks more bluish gray leaning towards the slate side of things especially next to the brown.

In my mind, aqua is more the color of a resort swimming pool or the color of the water in the Carribbean. Aqua is definitely brighter and leans more towards the green end of the spectrum which I am not seeing at all.

I will consult my resident artist though and report back.

ETA: Artist informs me that it looks more of a bluish slate on both her computer and my own. I do agree that you aren't going to get a true color on a computer screen though but I am not even seeing the slightest hint of aqua.

Edited by KidsHappen

As our resident artist, I must inform you that the colors you see on the computer screen are not true. There are settings that have to be adjusted perfectly in order to get true colors to come across. Most people looking at the sample on their screens right now have not done this. I haven't adjusted my current computer, so I can't really tell you what color it is. Trust the seller maybe?

Edited by Lovedtodeath

To me, on my computer it looks more bluish gray leaning towards the slate side of things especially next to the brown.

In my mind, aqua is more the color of a resort swimming pool or the color of the water in the Carribbean. Aqua is definitely brighter and leans more towards the green end of the spectrum which I am not seeing at all.

I will consult my resident artist though and report back.

ETA: Artist informs me that it looks more of a bluish slate on both her computer and my own. I do agree that you aren't going to get a true color on a computer screen though but I am not even seeing the slightest hint of aqua.

:iagree:

In the description for this dog bed, it says it's Sunbrella. Does this look like the same fabric to you? If so, this dog bed *definitely* looks blue to me, and not aqua! :)

http://www.thepremiumpet.com/137-ascot-paisley-outdoor-pillow-dog-bed.html

Definitely the same fabric.

Now I want some! :lol:

ETA: I'm not going to buy any though. I don't want you to freak out and think you have to beat me to the auction. :tongue_smilie:

Definitely the same fabric.

Now I want some! :lol:

ETA: I'm not going to buy any though. I don't want you to freak out and think you have to beat me to the auction. :tongue_smilie:

S'all right...I just bought the 4 yards I need for the bed and 2 shams! I'm so excited! I've waited a long time to make a decision about fabric and color for my bedroom. The rest of my house looks nice, but I've struggled with the master bedroom. I'm going to pick one of the taupe/tan colors from the fabric to paint the walls, and I already have blue draperies that I needed to work around. I have a duvet ordered that should be arriving on Wed. For less than $200 altogether, my room will look *so much better!* :party:

(Someday I might even hang something on the walls! ;))