Menu

Do you wake your children up?

We were away for 2 days at a skating competition. Late nights and sleeping in hotel beds equals not a great night sleep.

We got home around 10:30 last night and I put kids straight to bed.

Its 9:19 now and they are both dead asleep.

We have bowling at 10:30 and I would need to wake them by 9:45 to rush out the door and barely make it.

Should I let them sleep and miss bowling?

What would you do?

It depends on how much they enjoy it. Will they be disappointed when they wake up and realize that they have missed bowling? If so, I'd wake them.

:iagree:

You could also just gently nudge them and ask if they want to go...if they do they will wake up fully. If not they will say no and fall right back asleep and then I would let them sleep. :001_smile:

:grouphug::grouphug:

It depends on how much they enjoy it. Will they be disappointed when they wake up and realize that they have missed bowling? If so, I'd wake them.

:iagree:

This is how I would decide. There are some events that my children would be heartbroken to miss...and some that they would willingly miss.

I'd wake them but my kids don't want to miss bowling for anything. My dd (the one with the major insomnia and other issues right now) has been in bed sick all week. When she gets sick she is really down with it. She started to feel better last night and insists that she is ok to go today. I'm letting her but keeping a close eye on her. She keeps on reminding me about what happened last year. She had influenza, was in bed for over a week, lost several pounds (very sick!) She was barely up and around the day before her bowling tournament. She wanted to go so bad. She couldn't even carry the ball in from the parking lot since she was so weak. My dh and I were so worried that she would really have a tough time bowling and would be embarrassed with a low score. She went out there and surprised us all. Not only did she have her best 4 games ever but she ended up 2nd place in our division for the Pepsi Tournament and got to bowl in the state tournament.