Menu

God is so good and faithful...

First of all, my dd will be 2 years seizure free in 2 weeks (Feb. 5, 2008)!!! That in and of itself is GREAT news, but there's more good news........

My dh, dd and I just returned from our dd's follow up appt. with the neurologist for her most recent (sleep deprived) eeg.

Her eeg was "normal"! He said there were no "spikes" and not even any "tendencies". He said it was unusual for there not to show at least one little spike, but there were none. "With man things are impossible, with God all things are possible."

Her blood levels for her seizure meds are good.

She will have her blood tested again first part of May and then go in for another follow up appt after her 11th birthday which is around mid May. In June he is ordering an ambulatory eeg. Then he plans to wean her off her epilepsy meds! He wants her behavior and behavioral meds to be a little more controlled as well as edge her closer to puberty. She is pre-puberty now.

As some of you know I've had a hard time with her behavior. Some of it probably is tied to puberty as well as the residual effects of past seizures.

Thank my Heavenly Father for this good report!!

As a side note, some of you will be pleased to know, if you read my curriculum changing post, that I'm headed in that direction now and am making plans to review changing curricula for a few subjects. Thanks for your patience regarding those posts.

Join me in celebrating this news regarding my dd!!

Praise, honor and glory to my Heavenly Father!

Sheryl

(Follower of Jesus)

Praise God! That is wonderful news.

My ds7 has asbsence seizures - we are praying that his will go away.

Congratulations!:grouphug:

I am so happy for your blessed news! Praying that everything continues to go well.:)

What wonderful news! Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow!

Lisa

What wonderful news! I can feel the joy in your post. :001_smile: PTL!

Thanks everyone! Blessings to your day! Sheryl <><

ChickenPatty, be encouraged. Her neurologist gave an example this morning that if my dd was 5 and 2 years seizure free he would not wean b/c they really need to get the child closer to puberty. He said these generalized/idiopatic type seizures/absence (the type she had) are almost always outgrown! He said that the hormones in puberty "turns off" the switch to seizure activity.

Sheryl

Follower of Jesus

God is good! All the time!

Yes Rebecca, I've thought of this many times. God is good and faithful before, during and after her seizures. He's not good "because" she is seizure free. However, it does show His Hand upon her.

:iagree:with ya. God is good all the time because He is perfect! Thanks. Sheryl