Menu

An arrest has been made in the case of ER's stolen laptop...

Turns out IT WAS HIS R.A.!!!! :confused: :confused:

A couple of nights ago, ER & his roommate each received cryptic text messages from the R.A. which said somethng to the effect of "when you find out, just know that I'm sorry & it wasn't really me, it was the addiction". ER says no one knew the RA had an addiction. ER's roommate says he received a second message in which the guy stated outright "I am the thief". The R.A. has been arrested, but ER learned yesterday that none of the stolen property has been recovered. We are still hopeful, though. We'd appreciate your prayers.

ETA: For those who missed it, here's the link to the original thread about the stolen laptop.

Edited by ereks mom

Turns out IT WAS HIS R.A.!!!! :confused: :confused:

A couple of nights ago, ER & his roommate each received cryptic text messages from the R.A. which said somethng to the effect of "when you find out, just know that I'm sorry & it wasn't really me, it was the addiction". ER says no one knew the RA had an addiction. ER's roommate says he received a second message in which the guy stated outright "I am the thief". The R.A. has been arrested, but ER learned yesterday that none of the stolen property has been recovered. We are still hopeful, though. We'd appreciate your prayers.

Just curious: What or who is "RA". I figured out ER is your dc even though first I read "Emergency Room". :lol:

A couple of nights ago, ER & his roommate each received cryptic text messages from the R.A. which said somethng to the effect of "when you find out, just know that I'm sorry & it wasn't really me, it was the addiction".

Baloney. Way to shrug off the blame. :glare:

Glad he was caught. Somehow I don't think it'll be his addiction that will get punished. ;)

Addiction makes people do craaaaaaazy things. If his RA really does have one, I hope he now gets the help he needs!! That STINKS though, the whole situation. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm amazed they caught him--did the RA turn himself in or actually get caught?

It does stink, because ER really liked this guy. He's usually a great judge of character.

Does the RA, or if he is still a dependent, his family, have insurance that would cover ER's computer? Or I would ask the school if they have liability insurance that would cover the loss that was caused by the RA, since he had a key and access to the student rooms that was provided by the school.

:iagree:I am pretty confident the employer (college) would be culpable to pay for the laptop. A call to the admin & request for a meeting w/ the college's legal counsel to "request" to be "made whole" is in order, IMHO.

Seems like if it was the RA then the College should be taking responsibility. The RA had a key to the room.... etc... and they are hired to rule over the dorm on the college's behalf.

Just curious: What or who is "RA". I figured out ER is your dc even though first I read "Emergency Room". :lol:

I would be EREK's Mom but on another board I used to visit, we couldn't use punctuation marks in our user names, so I just became ereks mom. I see that others have already explained R.A. :001_smile: