Menu

Good news today

I am a cancer survivor and have had to have CT scans every year to make sure things are still as they should be. Sometimes when it comes up time to have the scans, I get a little nervous and shaky. That happened this week, but today I got the results and it was a very positive report. I can't tell you how much I needed that good news today!

Thanks be to God that I had a very good surgeon when my appendix ruptured in 2003 when it all happened. I will always believe that it was providential that the most specialized oncology expert in the entire region was on duty that night that I came in for what appeared to be a simple appendicitis. Due to the rupture, they had to remove a large section of my colon, part of my abdominal wall and a small section of the bowel in order to save my life. Even so, I have not had to go through chemo or radiation, and my body functions quite normally. I am so thankful for all of this.

So here I am, seven years later and still cancer free. I'm very thankful to God for sparing my life and keeping me healthy so I can do the things that He's given me to do -- like hs our precious little girl! Yes, we have difficulties in our lives right now with dh laid off his job and money being tight, but today I am reminded once again that I have so very, very much to be thankful for.

God is good, all the time!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Thank you for the good wishes everyone. After surviving this very rare form of cancer (peritoneal mesothelioma) for this long, I am truly, truly thankful. It was a life changing experience that helped center my life in many ways. I was hoping that sharing the news would be encouraging.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas dear friends!

Lucinda