Menu

How to mess with their minds...

Take some empty boxes (the larger the better). Stuff with packing peanuts, or newspapers, or something heavier, whatever. Wrap and tag with names. Put under the tree. Watch them go crazy trying to figure out what is in each.

I have gotten tired of the boys shaking presents to death trying to figure out what they are! I mean, all Lego sets sound the same, right? I am really having too much fun with this...

I do this with my dh! He guesses EVERYTHING - even when I disguise it. This year I took a pair of jeans, rolled them around two big cans of tomatoes, and stuck a can of beans sideways on top. Figured he'd never guess. He picks up the package, says "it's got two cans of tomatoes and a can of beans laying sideways right here" (as he squeezes where the beans are):glare:

Anymore I like to see how quickly he can guess what's inside - it's truly amazing! And it's still fun to try to stump him - haven't managed it yet though!:lol::lol:

I do this with my dh! He guesses EVERYTHING - even when I disguise it. This year I took a pair of jeans, rolled them around two big cans of tomatoes, and stuck a can of beans sideways on top. Figured he'd never guess. He picks up the package, says "it's got two cans of tomatoes and a can of beans laying sideways right here" (as he squeezes where the beans are):glare:

Anymore I like to see how quickly he can guess what's inside - it's truly amazing! And it's still fun to try to stump him - haven't managed it yet though!:lol::lol:

Ok, that man has a hidden camera somewhere! I love disguising presents. Tonight it was socks rolled up inside toliet paper rolls.

Ok, that man has a hidden camera somewhere! I love disguising presents. Tonight it was socks rolled up inside toliet paper rolls.

I've often wondered about x-ray vision!:D

This is the same man who can look at a woman and tell you she's pregnant - even when she isn't showing.:001_huh: He's got some freaky skills:lol:

When I was a teenager, there was a man from our church who always searched for the presents hidden in the house, carefully unwrapped them to see what he was getting, and carefully rewrapped them so you couldn't tell they'd been opened.

So one year my mom was buying my dad a smoker (for smoking meat) and needed somewhere to hide it. The other guy's wife was buying him something big and needed somewhere to hide it. So mom "hid" the other couple's gift in our garage and the other lady "hid" my dad's gift in her garage. The guy thought he was getting a smoker that year! Ha!:lol:

Ugh. :glare: My ds13 really drives me nuts at this time of year! He starts asking me what I am getting him for Christmas at least a month before. And trying to guess. He gets so frustrated! He hates waiting, and has never really liked surprises. I have told him that most people like to surprise the recipient of a gift, and it takes a lot of the fun out of it for ME if he doesn't just wait to be surprised. I told him, either you will guess it and not be surprised on Christmas, or you will be wrong and be disappointed.

My mom sent us a large box (ordered online). He loosened the top of the box and peeked. At first he claimed he didn't really see anything. Then he told me today that he saw that it was a Wii.

This really drives me bonkers! Are there adults out there who hate being surprised and really want to KNOW what their presents are? Or will he grow out of it and learn to shut up and just be (or act) surprised and enjoy it?

Wendi

My parents were big on this sort of thing. One year they bought my sister a ring. It was wrapped in about 12 boxes, each wrapped and there were rocks in the extra space. I just got off the phone with my mom and she was wrapping someone's gift card in a big box full of rocks as I was talking to her.

My son's gift is smallish in size. I taped it to the bottom of a big box and then wrapped the big box three times. Only one kid gift is wrapped in its original box, all of the rest are inside other boxes. They are all wrapped multiple times, that makes it much more difficult to unwrap and wrap them back up. Also, none of them are labeled. Everyone's presents are wrapped in one particular wrapping paper. For example, my hubby's gifts are in striped wrapping paper, dd's gifts are in snowman paper, etc. That way, even if they peeked they wouldn't know to whom the gift belonged!

Are there adults out there who hate being surprised and really want to KNOW what their presents are? Or will he grow out of it and learn to shut up and just be (or act) surprised and enjoy it?

Hmm...my mother in law has never outgrown it. It drives me INSANE. A few years ago she opened up all of the gifts (hers and her husband's) late Christmas Eve night (while he was sleeping) because she couldn't stand waiting. I couldn't believe it. She also reads the END of a book first because she has to know what happens. A few weeks ago she was over our house watching a football game--we had dvr-ed it so it was delayed--she made her dh go outside to the truck to check the score so she would know what happens. It bugs. me. to. pieces. I just don't understand it at all.