Menu

Give me your favorite crockpot recipes, please.

Whole Chicken.

Wash and dry. Stuff with cooking veggies (celery, garlic, onions, bell pepper, carrots, lemon, any combination), season with salt, pepper, and other favorite seasoning. Low 8-10 hours, High 4 hours.

It's like a roasted chicken or shred for other dishes.

This is the easiest recipe ever and tastes great.

Cook pork chops in crock pot with 1 can of basil / garlic / oregano tomato sauce and 1 can of water for 4 hours on high.

Serve over rice.

1. Spray the crockpot with Pam

2. Put a whole boneless pork loin into the crockpot

3. Add about a cup of liquid -- water, apple juice, salad dressing, etc.

4. Sprinkle with seasoned salt & pepper

5. Cover & cook for at least 12 hours on low

6. Enjoy! (We like to serve it with baked sweet potatoes, collard greens, and cornbread. I shred the leftovers for BBQ sandwiches and/or Brunswick stew.)

1 lb. ground beef, browned

1 can spaghetti sauce

24 oz cottage cheese

1 egg

8-10 lasagna noodles, uncooked

2-3 cups mozzarella cheese

Combine ground beef and spagetti sauce.

Combine egg and cottage cheese.

Layer half of the ground beef mixture, the dry noodles, cottage cheese mixture and the mozzarella cheese in the slow cooker. Repeat layers.

Cover. Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

To make this even faster to prepare, I usually buy large quantities of ground beef, cook it all at once, and freeze it in approx. one pound portions in freezer bags. When I'm ready to make lasagna, chili, tacos, sloppy joe's, etc. I just grab a bag of cooked hamburger out of the freezer.

My favorite crock pot dishes are bbq.

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Put however many chicken breasts your family needs. Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over them (we use Kraft original) and cook until done. Shred. Serve on whole wheat rolls with a slice of cheddar cheese.

BBQ Ribs

Put country style ribs in crockpot. Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over them and cook until falling apart. If desired, drain liquid 30 minutes before serving and add fresh sauce to the ribs; it makes them more BBQ-y.

I love my crock-pot! When dh and I were on our honeymoon 27 year ago, we picked up an Amish cookbook, where we found this recipe. I don't remember what it's called, but we adapted it to our crock-pot. It's so simple and so yummy. It sounds really strange, but the taste......I made it last night and dh begged for it again next week.

meatballs - you can make your own (like the recipe book said) or I just buy a pkg of the frozen 'homestyle' kind.

3 cans, drained, whole kernel corn - I rinse these out with a bit of water and toss that in the pot as well - ETA: I used a bag of frozen corn last night and it was much better than the cans

approx 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce - I use the last 1/2 of a jar and then rinse the jar out with a bit of water and toss that into the pot

I cook this on high for 2-3 hours and then turn on low until we're ready to eat it.

Make mashed potatoes and serve this over the mashed potatoes.

I made this up. It is not quite as luxurious as slow-cooked ratatouille, but it works:

1 lb 1/3 inch dice eggplant

3/4 lb same for zucc

1/2 pound same for carrot

med onion diced

large bell pepper, diced

2 teas Penzey's Italian seasoning

black pepper

one can plum tomatoes, diced and VERY WELL drained

3/4 jar of Newman's marinara

1/3 cup olive oil.

toss eggplant with oil, put all in crock pot and cook on high for 4

hours.