Menu

Any favorite reusable totes?

I like the smaller ones from our local grocery store for most things, but Aldi has huge ones and they really come in handy for lighter things like bread and cereal....you can fit a lot in there!

Of course, it helps if you actually remember to take them with you.....which I don't.

Dawn

Do you want them for groceries or just for carrying odds and ends? I love the boat and tote bags from LL Bean. We keep one in the car with towels/suits, use one for library books, keep a second in the car with kid essentials now that we are done with diaper bags, etc.

I had several brands of the canvas or grocery store ones, and the handles would always tear off under our frequent use.

Home Depot sells some nylon (or polyester?) ones in their signature orange color. They're garish, but have lasted me 2 years. They have black clips on them that fit the sides of a grocery cart so you can easily load your groceries in them.

They are .99 each. We have 5. Hubby & I always keep one or two in our cars and use them for everything. I toss them in the wash occasionally to keep them fresh.

The best ones I've had over the years have come from grocery stores - nice heavy-duty cloth. All our grocery stores have gone to that thin, synthetic stuff though. It 'frizzes' and picks up every cat hair it touches. :glare: So I went looking for better ones. I found canvas bags for $7 each at our local natural foods coop store. But the best deal was at Wal Mart. At the end of the summer, I got 'beach bags' made of semi-waterproof material, nice long over-the-shoulder handles, places for cell phone and water bottle, deep ... for $5 each. I loaded up while they were getting rid of them. Not much help for you now, but something to keep in mind for next year.