Menu

Anyone have wooden cooking utensils? Do you like them?

I've got the Pampered Chef bamboo ones too and LOVE them. All except the teeny tiny ones go in the dishwasher, so cleanup is a snap. They are sooo handy--I've got spoons, which are just fun, and then the spatula-type with the flat bottoms which are fantastic for scraping and stirring more effectively than my non-wooden ones.

Love 'em!

I liked them for cooking but they don't like the dishwasher so we have traded them in for plastic instead. I wish they survived the dishwasher better, because I would love to go back.

I have bamboo stirrer/spatulas my SIL sent me at least 10 years ago. I use them constantly, and use the DW to clean them. I'll email her and see if I can find the brand, as they are just now getting a bit rough on the tip.

Back in the late 70s, Graham Kerr, the Galloping Gourmet, marketed a set of wooden utensils he called "spurtles." I've lost my set over the years, but I've been a fan of wooden utensils ever since. Mainly, I use a couple that are like spatulas or stirrers or scrapers or something, especially for making gravy or stirring other sauces.

I second (third? fourth?) the Pampered Chef bamboo utensils. I have always put mine in the dishwasher and some we have had for 10 years now. They are great! We use them for just about everything.

If you use them for stirring something that stains like raspberry sauce, etc. they will stain temporarily but after a few washes it usually comes out.