Menu

Sweet Potatoes...Any one have any recipes they would like to share?

Never send a man shopping with out a very specific list.

I had wrote down sweet potatoes, but did not say how many. So dh, who went shopping without me, bought home 10lb of them! "Well, you didn't say how much you wanted"

OK, so now what do I do with them? I am going to use about 5lb of them to make Butter-Pecan Sweet Potatoes, but what about the other 5lb?

As long as you remember to prick them w/ a fork, you can microwave them 2-3 at a time. Then just slice, peel, & serve. My kids would eat them for snacks, lol.

Pp said to salt them...I'd try that on a little piece first. Personally, I can't stand salt on my sweet potatoes. I like them plain or w/ any combination of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar.

We've baked them and served with butter, salt, and pepper, raosted with olive oil, sea salt and herb of your choice, or simply cook them up and run them though the blender and use them in place of pumpkin for your pie, or any other recipe you would use canned pumpkin for. My dad will not eat pumpkin pie anymore because he says sweet potatoes and squash have a superior flavor for "pumpkin" pie.

We eat sweet potatoes often.

Bake like a regular potato and serve with butter and brown sugar.

Peel and cube, toss with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and roast. Delicious alone as a side dish, in quiche, in burritos.

Sweet potato fries. Peel and cut into wedges, toss with olive or vegetable oil and with either salt and pepper or cinnamon and brown sugar. Bake until browned on one side, very gently flip them and bake for a little longer to brown another edge.

Sweet potato pie. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sweet-potato-pie-recipe/index.html

Cat