Menu

Desperate Housewives...what next...

I have been hesitating for days whether to post that question...at the risk of compromising my reputation forever:blushing:.

Dh travels A LOT these days. With a newborn tied to my breast and exhausted as I am, passing out in front of D.H. in the evenings seems like the only realistic option...

BUT, I am at the very end of re-watching all the past seasons:scared:!

So, what could I order next? I don't have any experiences in the field of series that go beyond D.H.... What do you think I might enjoy? I would like something funny, shallow, entertaining, womanish (nothing I would regret watching without dh!)...

As we are in Europe I don't have a clue about what might qualify...

(I read about "Brothers and Sisters", "Grey's Anatomy" and "Weeds"...but it's so difficult to decide, without having had a chance to watch in on any of those...)

Thank you for sharing your expertise!

I have been hesitating for days whether to post that question...at the risk of compromising my reputation forever:blushing:.

Dh travels A LOT these days. With a newborn tied to my breast and exhausted as I am, passing out in front of D.H. in the evenings seems like the only realistic option...

BUT, I am at the very end of re-watching all the past seasons:scared:!

So, what could I order next? I don't have any experiences in the field of series that go beyond D.H.... What do you think I might enjoy? I would like something funny, shallow, entertaining, womanish (nothing I would regret watching without dh!)...

As we are in Europe I don't have a clue about what might qualify...

(I read about "Brothers and Sisters", "Grey's Anatomy" and "Weeds"...but it's so difficult to decide, without having had a chance to watch in on any of those...)

Thank you for sharing your expertise!

Grey's Anatomy is great. Especially the first couple of seasons.

I also like WithOut a Trace and Cold Case.

Guest Cindie2dds

I like Heroes, but I think that's something your dh might like. We don't have access to cable here on our farm, so we stream everything off Netflix. I like Brothers and Sisters, but dh won't watch it with me. I watch it or BBC productions of classic novels, LOVE them. I just finished Vanity Fair. It was six, hour-long episodes; very British. Great stuff to watch while you are up by yourself.

HTH!

ETA: I've never watched Desperate Housewives, so I'm not sure my choices are exactly what you are looking for. I just listed some things I watch in the middle of the night. ;)

Edited by Cindie2dds

I liked the first few season (1-5) of Grey's Anatomy but not sure you would want to watch it if you are still hormonal. A lot of the episodes are real tear jerkers.

The whole family loves Bones. We are a family full of science geeks and we are always trying to out solve them and come up with relevant science data.

LOST of course is great. It really sucks you in. I plan to rewatch all of the seasons again right before the new one starts.

I hardly ever watch new TV but I do like to watch tv series once they have made their way to DVD and I own at least ten different series so if you want more suggestions I can give you some along with their general genre.