Menu

Flashlights - what's the deal?

Ellyndria

Yep. Here too. We have about 7 or 8 flashlights around here that were given to ds by grandparents. We have ones that strap to your head, ones with remote controls, lanterns.

Unfortunately, the GPs don't supply the nearly endless amount of batteries required by a 6 yo, who can't remember to turn the things off. So we have exactly 0 working flashlights...

Curiously, I just found my son's flashlight on. He and his mother have been out of the house at least 7 hours. But the flashlight, which was purchased at the 99 cent store is charged by a hand-grip generator (not batteries) and has an LED light.

I can't believe it's still going.

Anyway, boys love flashlights!

Let there be light, and all that :D

Bill

Why do the grandparents (ok, mostly both grandfathers) keep giving DS flashlights? What's the fascination/compulsion to keep giving him flashlights? Are all males strangely attracted to flashlights, or did we just get lucky? I just don't get it! :tongue_smilie:

Boys love flashlights. My dad gives my son and dh flashlights. I actually like a good flashlight. I have a huge maglite in my car, doubles as a weapon.

Besides the love factor keep accepting them because inevitably the time you need one with good batteries you can't find it. We even have the designated spot for a few flashlights but they still disappear. :lol::lol:

My parents have a big basket of flashlights at their house and my ds3 knows exactly where it is and gets into it every time we go over there. The basket is back in their master bedroom somewhere, but he knows where it is LOL. We go over there once a week and he kept binging a flashlight home, so I had to put a stop to it or we would have ended up with their whole stash.:D

Curiously, I just found my son's flashlight on. He and his mother have been out of the house at least 7 hours. But the flashlight, which was purchased at the 99 cent store is charged by a hand-grip generator (not batteries) and has an LED light.

I wish I could find one of those. What a bargain, too. I had a handcrank radio/flashlight combo but the handle snapped off and the repairs only lasted so long.

I love flashlights! I keep them around in case of emergency, and my kids love them too. Since they break so many of them, I'm happy to have a fresh supply from Grandma! I say, send them outside in the dark! Recruit them to look under the couch for their toys!

LOL! DH loves flashlights, in fact he told me awhile back that I am supposed to get him a flashlight for every gift-giving occasion, including birthdays, Father's Day, Christmas, Valentine's and our anniversary. Apparently a man can never have too many flashlights. Ariel's picked up on it, too. She has a Disney princess flashlight that has to stay by her bed, although she prefers alternative light sources such as glow sticks (including the bracelets and necklaces) and her glow in the dark stars. :001_huh:

I wish I could find one of those. What a bargain, too. I had a handcrank radio/flashlight combo but the handle snapped off and the repairs only lasted so long.

I love flashlights! I keep them around in case of emergency, and my kids love them too. Since they break so many of them, I'm happy to have a fresh supply from Grandma! I say, send them outside in the dark! Recruit them to look under the couch for their toys!

I have to admit they are not the brightest flashlights ever. But they sure hold a charge. And not having batteries is a huge plus. At 99 cents tey are quite a deal.

Bill