Menu

What is your favorite restaurant and where is it located?

Whenever my husband and I are in a new city, we always try out a local sushi restaurant. And believe it or not, the best sushi is still at our local Jackson TN restaurant called Sakura. I know that may be hard to believe. If you ever drive I-40 in TN and pass Exit 82 south, it's worth pulling over for. Try the "Joyce Roll".

also the Conca D'Oro on Tustin Ave. in Orange, CA. OK, haven't been to either of these childhood haunts in YEARS so they are possibly gone.

More recent - Fried Green Tomatoes in Galena, IL, and Heaven on 7 in Chicago.

Out here in Chicago suburbs - any Giordano pizza place.

Up here in Mass, I don't have a favorite restaurant. I guess I'd nominate any lobster shack at a beach. It's hard to screw up boiled lobster. Restaurants here don't serve Southern food, so I don't like them all that much.

As far as good restaurants go, I can't recall the names of the great ones I used to like in Atlanta, and those I do recall are now out of business.

If you are talking *unhealthy* restaurants, I love Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A, and White Castle -- none of which are located in Mass. Every time I go home to Louisville, I eat at those places more than a couple of times each. I keep forgetting to go to a cafeteria -- like Piccadilly -- they don't have those here either. This is a good thing because since I had cardiac bypass surgery, I shouldn't be eating that stuff anyway.

Kau Kau Kona in Kailua-Kona, Hawai'i. Great plate lunches that were enough to feed all of us if we added an order of french fries for the girls.

The $3 Cafe in Atlanta, GA. These are probably the best hot wings ever.

Bubba's Bar-B-Que just north of Charlotte, North Carolina and featured in an issue of Chilie Pepper Magazine years after we "discovered" the place. Great frield catfish and out of this world key lime pie.

New Orleans House in Indianapolis, IN. An very fancy all you can eat seafood buffet that has two seatings and reservations.

Wolfgang Puck's Pizza in Downtown Disney. Great pizza.

There is a few wonderful little pizza places in Quebec City, CA that were just out of this world and I loved the farmer's market with the squeaky fresh cheese curds and the sweet in-season strawberries. Great time to visit is mid-July.

I think that is probably the best of my restaurant experiences.

Now my dh love the Donkey in Houston, TX for the Mexican style food. And he says nothing beats Texas Bar-b-que.:001_smile: