Menu

What part of NO cheese do they not understand?

It seems like every time I go through the drive through at Wendy's.... I ask them not to put cheese on my hamburger and they put it on there anyway. I don't really like cheese on hamburgers and right now I have a bit of a cold and any dairy products at all set me off coughing. :glare:

It seems like every time I go through the drive through at Wendy's.... I ask them not to put cheese on my hamburger and they put it on there anyway. I don't really like cheese on hamburgers and right now I have a bit of a cold and any dairy products at all set me off coughing. :glare:

Maybe next time try "No queso por favor". I'd try it in French if I could remember that much. All I remember in French is "Ou est le tren?" and "Je suis Americanne". Or something like that.

Kelly

Sorry you got the cheese. I hear ya. I have received unwanted bacon a lot, also.

One time I even got bacon, lettuce, tomato, no square burger. I was soooo bummed because I was far away from the drive-through when I unwrapped that little jewel. I gave up and walk inside for all my Wendy's now.

Sorry you got the cheese. I hear ya. I have received unwanted bacon a lot, also.

One time I even got bacon, lettuce, tomato, no square burger. I was soooo bummed because I was far away from the drive-through when I unwrapped that little jewel. I gave up and walk inside for all my Wendy's now.

They forgot the burger?

We don't order a lot of fast food, but unless we eat at Chick-fil-a, there is almost always at least one thing wrong with our order. I admit we don't often order things the way they are made, but I try to be specific & speak clearly. And what's up with not putting any napkins in the bag?

My son is Asst General Store Manager for McD's. I know it is aggravating, but some of these people who are working really do not give a hoot about their job, Many are just kids who are there because their parents are making them get a job.

It actually got so bad at my son's store(and BTW he is a "kid" himself, at age 19), that the owner has now placed a no hire on anyone under the age of 18. It seems to be a little better. But you have no idea the kind of cr** my son deals with.

I know when I place my order, in a drive thru, I always check it before I leave. Or if in the store the same way. It only takes a few minutes and the people behind you can just wait.

Or, have the person working the drive thru window double check it for you. Just tell them again what you ordered, just to make sure.

Most of the time, if there was a mistake, and the store has good management, they will give you a free meal coupon.

Oh, and yes. That cheese is nasty....LOL

When we were on vacation recently, we stopped at a Wendy's on the way to our destination. I initially ordered a spicy chicken sandwich without mayo, then after we had ordered everything else, changed it to a combo meal. The cashier understandably forgot "no mayo" (I also forgot to remind him). So it came with mayo. So I took it back, and said I ordered it without mayo. They made me a new one. I got back to our table, opened it, and it was bread and chicken only! I took it back, and they remade it. I got back, and it was bread, chicken, tomato, lettuce and cheese (the spicy chicken sandwich doesn't even come with cheese!). :confused: That was easy enough to take off, as it wasn't melted.

We have a Wendys near us. We went through a busy month once where we found ourselves grabbing dinner there way too often. They always messed up the order. We got so we'd place bets on what they would mess up (and we weren't even asking for special orders). Taco Salad with Honey Mustard dressing? What were they thinking?

I feel your pain. :tongue_smilie: I have two kids that can't have wheat, not so much as a crumb, another one that can't have cheese, and yet another that strongly prefers his food as plain as can be. We spell the order out as plainly as we possibly can, using small words. "Yes. Really. Just the meat and the cheese in a box. No bread." At our local Wendy's we inspect each bag as they hand it to us, and have to send something back to be fixed 98% of the time. :glare:

In-N-Out Burger on the other hand? Those guys rock. They go the extra mile for our kids.

I feel your pain. :tongue_smilie: I have two kids that can't have wheat, not so much as a crumb, another one that can't have cheese, and yet another that strongly prefers his food as plain as can be. We spell the order out as plainly as we possibly can, using small words. "Yes. Really. Just the meat and the cheese in a box. No bread." At our local Wendy's we inspect each bag as they hand it to us, and have to send something back to be fixed 98% of the time. :glare:

In-N-Out Burger on the other hand? Those guys rock. They go the extra mile for our kids.

an In-N-Out Burger here, but we don't. :sad:

At drive-throughs I almost always order an unsweetened tea with extra lemon. About half the time that gets me a sweet tea with no lemon.

McDonalds seems to have gotten better about it, but there was a time that if you ordered a burger without onions (and every burger seemed to have them), they would just scrape the onions off the prepared one and send it out. The taste was still there and you could see little bits of chopped onion at times. That's one reason I didn't go to McDonalds for anything but breakfast (and that irregularly) for years. I still don't get their burgers (but the tea is reasonable and cheap).