Menu

Does anyone use Avon makeup?

I think of Avon as fake rose bathroom spray that my grandmother used to buy. I know it is surely more up to date than that now. :) A friend is now selling Avon and I happen to be looking for a new brand of makeup. (I am not a fan of Mary Kay either.) So before I agree to look, I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences with it?

I think of Avon as fake rose bathroom spray that my grandmother used to buy. I know it is surely more up to date than that now. :) A friend is now selling Avon and I happen to be looking for a new brand of makeup. (I am not a fan of Mary Kay either.) So before I agree to look, I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences with it?

I don't use their makeup but I love the gray root touch up. I bought some last month and got two for the price of one. I don't know if that offer's still on.

I actually like it. It's mostly comparable to drug-store brands, with a few things being more department-store quality. They do still carry some of their stuff that your grandmother would have bought. But they have many updated products too! I think their skin care (Anew line) is very good, and very affordable for the quality (far better than Clinique, imo). I haven't had much luck with their foundation makeup (I always have trouble finding a shade fair enough for my skin that isn't pinkish. And not just with Avon, but with many brands.) They have some great lip glosses and other color products. I have fun browsing their catalog. You'll probably find something you'll want to try.

My grandmother used to sell it (lol since you associate it w/ your grandma) & my mom did for awhile too (but that was a long time ago).

Some of their products that I like:

Waterproof washable mascara (awesome)

Glimmersticks lip liners

Gingerbread or peppermint chapstick (a wintertime treat for $0.99 :D)

Bubble bath (theirs is about the only kind that didn't make my dc itch)

Nail Polish

Lipsticks

Vita Moist Hand Cream

They also have roll-on body paints for kids to use in the tub. Those are fun for small kids.

I do, but I also kind of sell it (not big time or anything, mostly for myself and family/friends). So... you know... I am a little biased.

I try just about everything new that comes out. For foundation, I like their mineral make-up. I heard everyone talking about it, but the expensive brands were only available to me online and I hate online shopping. I do like the Avon minerals foundation, and blush, but not the eyeshadow (not enough shade selection, IMO). I do, however, love the Mark line of eyeshadows. Lots of colours, good pigmentation, lasts well. My favourite foundation, though is the Mark tinted moisturizer. I don't like a heavy make-up and this works very nicely for me. I top it with the translucent mineral make-up and it lasts all day.

Some of my customers swear by the Ideal Shade compact foundations. It is a full coverage one, though, and I don't want that much make-up on, but if you do, it gets good comments from people who use it. Some of my customers with dry skin / age issues love the Anew line of make-up. They have a foundation, a few creme eyeshadows and eyeliner. I like the eyeliner a lot, too.

Best mascara I ever used is the wash-off waterproof mascara. It is often on sale for really cheap. In fact, all the make-up is on sale at various times, so if you want to try something new, just pick a couple of things that are on sale, then wait to see what's on sale in the next brochure(s). Also, Avon has a guarantee that if you don't like for WHATEVER reason, you can return it for an exchange or refund.

ETA: Another thing I like about Avon is the jewellry and handbags. It's inexpensive and usually decent quality. For me, it's an inexpensive way to accessorize. They have a Buxton bag in the brochures this fall. I just got it and really like it a lot. I also like some of the funkier pieces they have out this fall. That's another thing you could try.

HTH.

Edited by Audrey

I have to say that my aunt sells it and I love it. I love the ANEW eye cream, it really has lessened (is that a word?) the dark circles under my eyes, and whats still noticable to me is covered by the face powder. I'm not a fan of the lipsticks, the colors always seem different when I get them. :)

I want to try this, but I'm finding a bunch of different products. What exactly do you use? Thanks.

I love the glimmersticks eyeliner...it is so smooth and really stays put! I ordered the body soap paints for my kiddos last year as stocking stuffers and they loved them! I've had to reorder those. I ordered some mineral foundation and didn't really like it, but that's the only thing I haven't been pleased with so far.