Menu

Hubby got job, but...

Well, hubby was laid off June 30th. Today, the job in KY told him to be there Monday morning 6am. I'm not happy. We cannot go visit til the last week of November. Stinks. He'll be in KY for about 7 months <sigh>

Anyway, we have unlimited calls and texts on cell phones. We set up skype accounts. I don't know how to do the thing where the laptop goes based off of our AT&T account. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Do they still do it where you can plug in a card to use it anywhere?

We're looking at apartments in Madison, IN. That is still 25 min away, but I can't find anything IN Bedford, KY. If anyone knows anything about that, even better :)

Anyway, I wish he weren't leaving....I broke out in tears, just exploded into tears, when he told me. I REALLY don't want him to leave. And it's SO far away (over 13 hours!).

ETA: How can we visit? Plane would be $1200 round trip at the very cheapest. Greyhound takes 33 hours. Am I well enough to drive? What car would I drive? Oh this is upsetting!

Edited by 2J5M9K

Well, hubby was laid off June 30th. Today, the job in KY told him to be there Monday morning 6am. I'm not happy. We cannot go visit til the last week of November. Stinks. He'll be in KY for about 7 months <sigh>

Anyway, we have unlimited calls and texts on cell phones. We set up skype accounts. I don't know how to do the thing where the laptop goes based off of our AT&T account. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Do they still do it where you can plug in a card to use it anywhere?

We're looking at apartments in Madison, IN. That is still 25 min away, but I can't find anything IN Bedford, KY. If anyone knows anything about that, even better :)

Anyway, I wish he weren't leaving....I broke out in tears, just exploded into tears, when he told me. I REALLY don't want him to leave. And it's SO far away (over 13 hours!).

:grouphug: This is a good thing. You WILL get through it. It will work out. Believe it. :001_smile:

Pamela, :grouphug: I know it is hard, but you will get through this one day at a time. I wish I could write as eloquently as you do, and then I am sure I would be able to word something better than this small reply. I do know that you are such an intelligent, spiritual and wise person that you and dh will make this situation work for your family. I hope it goes smoothly for all of y'all. You are in my prayers.

My dh and I lived apart for 7 months. He moved his business and I stayed behind to tie up loose ends and wait for a house. He's self-employed and would come home every two weeks or every month. It was 800 miles away, 15 hours if you drive, um, fast. Sometimes he'd come home, stay 8 hours and leave. It's wasn't easy but we got through it.

If there is anyway you can go with him I would. You will make it through this, even though it sucks at the moment. :grouphug:

Madison is a cute little town. Try flying into Cincinnati. It may be a lot cheaper. From Cincy Madison is about an hour and a half. I know it is still a drive but may be cheaper. Lexington and Louisville airports are usually pretty reasonable. 7 months was a typical deployment for us so I know how hard it can be. Lots of prayers.

ETA: How can we visit? Plane would be $1200 round trip at the very cheapest. Greyhound takes 33 hours. Am I well enough to drive? What car would I drive? Oh this is upsetting!

Isn't your daughter old enough to help drive? I'm sorry Pamela I know it is terrible for you, but I am glad he has a job. On the bright side if you do drive maybe you can make a pit stop in AR. ;) Lean on your congregation.