Menu

It really gets your attention when Christ shows up on your caller ID.

There is a chiropractor in town with the last name of Christ and he just called. Since I knew about said chiro it only took a second for me to figure it out. Not near as disconcerting as when my mom showed up on my caller ID after she had passed away, epsecially since I was at her house at the time. I can tell you there was real hesitation in my voice when I answered that call. Turn out to be my brother who was on the same phone plan.

ROFL! Yep...that would do it! Does he actually pronounce it "Christ" or is it more like "Krist?"

It is pronounced Krist but I am wondering how someone got that surname to begin with, you know way back when they were handing them out originially (not him personally, I assume he got it from his father :D).

My dh has a boss with the surname Christ (pronounced "Krist"). It would have been great if his parents had a fondness for Mexican first names, ala Jesus (Hey Soos), but sadly they went for the decidedly mundane "John."

I can hear the conversations now, "Who do you think you are, Jesus Christ?"

As a matter of fact, yes I do. :tongue_smilie:

But really, that would be entirely too much to saddle a child with.

There is a chiropractor in town with the last name of Christ and he just called. Since I knew about said chiro it only took a second for me to figure it out. Not near as disconcerting as when my mom showed up on my caller ID after she had passed away, epsecially since I was at her house at the time. I can tell you there was real hesitation in my voice when I answered that call. Turn out to be my brother who was on the same phone plan.

Re: Christ...I've never heard of a person, other than our Messiah, having that name.

Re: Your Mother....sorry to hear about that....bittersweet.

Sheryl <><