Menu

So who's ready for Spring Break!

Spring Break, anyone?  

1. 1. Spring Break, anyone?

• Me
    • Me
    • Me
    • Me

I am really torn between taking a break and pressing on. My 3rd grader will finish most of her subjects in April, the rest in May. My 6th grader will finish most in May and math in June.

So, I am thinking about pressing on and "getting it over" so we can enjoy a clean fresh complete break without dragging out this year.

But, I really, really, really, need some time off!!!

. . . we already had as much spring break as we're going to get.

My daughter was home from college last week, but it wasn't what I'd call "relaxing." First off, I had to drive 1600 miles round trip to collect her and bring her home. Then, I had to find some entertaining things to do while she was home (on a tight budget) and figure out how squeeze them in around her brother's continuing extracurricular activities, because the local spring break isn't coming up for another couple of weeks. Then, when all was said and done, I had to do another 1600-mile loop to get her back to school over the weekend.

I made it home about 1:30 a.m. on Sunday night/Monday morning, slept for a few hours, then dived right back into our regular schedule here at home.

Yuck. Just yuck.

--Jenny

We school year round. We just finished our year, and will start a new one in May. We also take a break in the fall. In Texas it is really too hot NOT to school in the summer.

I feel the same way. We scale back considerably around June, but we continue some form of school. I like to do unit studies to make it a little more fun.