Menu

We had to call 911 tonight

Jean,

I am so sorry to hear about your son. I'm glad to hear his appointment went well, and that the follow-up appointments and tests will be happening so quickly. That will help you get back to letting him sleep.

Like everyone says, please do not be mad at yourself. You did the right thing as soon as you knew there was a problem. Even if your Mommy instinct had told you the first episode was a seizure, what could you have done? All you could have told the doctor was that Nathan woke up in the night and was groggy and that you "knew" it was seizure. That probably wouldn't have gotten you very far.

My youngest daughter had a similar seizure at age two, where she stopped breathing and turning blue. It was scary even though I had witnessed my husband have a grand mal seizure a couple of years before that. His happened while we were asleep, and it took me a long time to be able to go to sleep without worrying what might happen. With my daughter, she had another a few months later, but nothing in the nearly three years since then.

Praying for no more problems and good test results.

LC