Menu

Poll: Who graduated from an all-female school (any level)?

Did you graduate from an all-female school (any level)?  

1. 1. Did you graduate from an all-female school (any level)?

• No
    • Yes, grammar or middle
    • Yes, high school or prep school
    • Yes, college or university
    • Yes, more than one

My mom: St. Vincent's Academy, Newark, NJ

ME: Marylawn of the Oranges, South Orange, NJ for high school (Loved It)

My dd (30 years old): Our Lady of Mercy Academy, Newfield, NJ

My dd (30 years old): College of St. Elizabeth, Convent Station, NJ

and my sister: (a retired physician): College of St. Elizabeth, Convent Station, NJ and Marylawn of the Oranges for High School

My high school began accepting boys a few years before I graduated. Man, were those boys popular! :lol: So I can't say that I graduated from a girl's school. The name actually changed from The _______ School for Girls to "The _______School for Girls and Boys" to just plain "The __________ School" just during my years there!

And then I attended Wellesley College and then transferred to a a women's college on the west coast, from which I graduated. Names of colleges and high school removed to protect my privacy. Google, you know. Gets us every time.

Julie

All girls Catholic high school for me. It was actually a great experience. The uniforms may not have been all that attractive (navy blue knee socks here), but they sure made life simple. Hey, without boys and the latest fashions, you actually had to focus on academics. Anyone else have "Marriage" class as opposed to s*x ed? I vaguely remember writing letters to some guy at the local Jesuit high school and swapping household budgets for vacuum cleaners etc.:D

All girls Catholic high school for me. It was actually a great experience. The uniforms may not have been all that attractive (navy blue knee socks here), but they sure made life simple. Hey, without boys and the latest fashions, you actually had to focus on academics. Anyone else have "Marriage" class as opposed to s*x ed? I vaguely remember writing letters to some guy at the local Jesuit high school and swapping household budgets for vacuum cleaners etc.:D

Sounds like we had a similar experience, although no "marriage" class for me. I studied Latin, mathematics, read good books (and some Great ones). Community service was also part of the deal for us--I tutored English as a second language to Vietnamese and Iron Curtain refuges. Good experience.

Even then my friends and I agreed that it was better not to have boys around. Few of us worried about make-up or hair styles when in school.

My uniform consisted of a kick pleat skirt, a weskit (long vest with buttons) and those ubiquitous navy blue socks. :tongue_smilie:

Jane