Menu

WWE big lines???

Zebra

We just started 1st grade today, and WWE1. I think the program is great(and hopefully will continue to love it all year ;)) but the lines for the child to write on are bigger than my 1st grade handwriting program.

Is this a problem? Should we use different paper, or just ignore the nagging in my head that it's tooooooo big???

Also, does WWE2 have smaller lines to write on?

:lurk5:

Is this a problem? Should we use different paper, or just ignore the nagging in my head that it's tooooooo big???

It wasn't a problem for us. I used the worksheets for both a K'er and a 1st grader.

Also, does WWE2 have smaller lines to write on?

Unfortunately, no. The lines in the workbook for WWE2 are exactly the same size! It is frustrating. We had to buy separate notebooks to write in. I'm really hoping the WWE3 and 4 workbooks are more thoughtfully constructed with age-appropriate lined paper.

So, I won't ruin my child forever if I have her just use the WWE workbook pages??? :lol:

I think that's what I am going to do. (We just finished day 1, so I am QUITE an expert at this point :lol::lol::lol:). I was hoping WWE2 would have smaller lines though. I do think I am going to have to give in and use other paper for that.

So, I won't ruin my child forever if I have her just use the WWE workbook pages??? :lol:

I think that's what I am going to do. (We just finished day 1, so I am QUITE an expert at this point :lol::lol::lol:). I was hoping WWE2 would have smaller lines though. I do think I am going to have to give in and use other paper for that.

My 3rd grader is making due with them, so I am sure your 1st grader will be fine. :D

Heather

We had to use a plain notebook for WWE2. The lines were too big and my dd balked at writing in them. Instead we opened the book, and did the copywork into a college ruled notebook (with a fountain pen ;) ). She was happy and my WWE2 workbook only has a couple of lessons written in. So if the little one likes to write in BIG lines when she gets there, it will be perfect.

Nice question -- I just made copywork paper, doing the header (name, date, week #, shaded "copywork") in Word and the copywork part in StartWrite, with the Italic font.

It was not difficult, but I have now made an open and go program into a more time-consuming program, substituting time with my dc for time at computer. I may go back to having dc use the original pages that came with the book.

I wish all this were available as a download. In some science texts, you get a scratch off thing with a code underneath that gets you access to a website -- at this point, I would pay extra for downloadable pages!!

My 3rd grader is making due with them, so I am sure your 1st grader will be fine. :D

:iagree: My 8yo used the big lines in WWE2 this year (still is - we're only halfway done). It would be nice if they were narrower, but we made do.

I really, really hope that the WWE3 workbook has narrower lines, though!!

This is the biggest annoyance for me as well. My ds has complained a couple of times about the lines, but we do it anyways. I figured I bought the workbook...I'm gonna use it!!

Frankly, I'm too lazy to make my own paper or have him write it out separately. It's so easy to just give him the workbook paper and tell him to get to work!

Liz in NC