Menu

Anyone care to share a recipe that uses a lot of egg noodles?

So, I unexpectedly have five pounds of egg noodles that I need to use.

Long story. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, I don't know what to make with them. I mean, I know I could use them in my homemade chicken noodle soup. But I'd like some other ideas. Hopefully ones that use a LOT of noodles. :001_smile:

I was thinking of using some of them the way I would spaghetti, and just serving my homemade tomato meat sauce on them. Can I use them instead of elbow noodles in homemade mac and cheese, or would that be weird?

Anyone have any great ideas? Either for main dish or side dish?

So, I unexpectedly have five pounds of egg noodles that I need to use.

Long story. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, I don't know what to make with them. I mean, I know I could use them in my homemade chicken noodle soup. But I'd like some other ideas. Hopefully ones that use a LOT of noodles. :001_smile:

I was thinking of using some of them the way I would spaghetti, and just serving my homemade tomato meat sauce on them. Can I use them instead of elbow noodles in homemade mac and cheese, or would that be weird?

Anyone have any great ideas? Either for main dish or side dish?

Beef stroganoff usually uses a lot of egg noodles, and you could serve sweet & sour meatballs or stir-fry over noodles also. No recipies on hand, but hopefully someone else has some or you could google them.

I was thinking of using some of them the way I would spaghetti, and just serving my homemade tomato meat sauce on them.

I sometimes cook egg noodles, mix with meat spaghetti sauce, and then pour half into a casserole dish, spread a layer of mozarella & ricotta cheese, and then layer the second half of the noodles and cheese. It comes out tasting like lasagna, and feeds a crowd. My kids seem to love it.

My dc also cook egg noodles, drain, add a bit of butter or olive oil, and then toss with parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, seasoning salt, and garlic.

Personally, I like egg noodles with alfredo-type sauce, chunks of chicken, and broccoli. But then again, I like anything covered with alfredo sauce! :drool5:

• Shredded cabbage braised with a bit of butter and some caraway seeds (I use 1-2 T with enough cabbage for four; the cabbage has enough liquid you need not add any for braising)
  • Cottage cheese
  • Cooked egg noodles

Place cabbage on the cottage cheese on the noodles and mix. Shockingly good for so simple a dish. I like my cabbage to have a bit of tooth, so I don't braise until completely limp.

You're thinking of "Kugel" :001_smile:
I read this as Kegel... and wasted 20 precious seconds of my life trying to make the connection.

"Cheater's Stroganoff"

1 lb hamburger

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 small onion chopped

~1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

~1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)

Salt and pepper to taste

Egg noodles

Brown meat and chopped onion. Start to cook egg noodles according to package directions (cook enough for 4-6 people, depending upon how much you want to add to the meat mixture). When the meat and onion are browned, splash in about 1-2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (to taste, really). Add the can of cream of mushroom soup. I sometimes add a can of mushrooms or freshly sliced mushrooms if I have them or frozen peas to give it color and to make it a little healthier. Salt and pepper to taste.

When the egg noodles are cooked and drained, add them to the meat mixture. Stir it all together well and serve hot.