Menu

Look at the ugly bug I found in my house!

adult-male.jpg

Actually, this was about the sixth one. They are really ugly. Well, in the picture they're kind of interesting looking, but when you turn on a light switch and find one on the wall...it's ugly. It's called a

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug!!

Guest Lorna

But it is beautiful. It is a variety of shield bug (perhaps a raphigaster nebulosa). If you look really closely you will see all sorts of species. Here is a link to show you how pretty they can be:

Shield bugs

We saw a few here last year. Strange looking things. They look so crunchy, I'd wouldn't want to squish em. ick...:eek: Not that we would squish em, but looking at one under our Brock would be cool.

Just be careful if you crunch or squish them. They are made in China and might contain lead.

As if that joke were not lame enough for the first time around, I just felt the need to repeat it. If I were getting ready for school, I would not be here making everyone roll their eyes, would I?:rolleyes:

Just don't "bug" 'em. They're not called stink bugs for nothing.....

Regena

It looks like a stink bug to me too.

Edited because I didn't see that it said stink bug under the picture. I misunderstood another poster saying it was a sheild bug, but I guess that a stink bug must be a kind of sheild bug. We have these everywhere in Texas.

Just be careful if you crunch or squish them. They are made in China and might contain lead.

As if that joke were not lame enough for the first time around, I just felt the need to repeat it. If I were getting ready for school, I would not be here making everyone roll their eyes, would I?:rolleyes:

All good jokes are worth repeating. And I plan to share that joke with my ds. Teehee, China is now arming their bugs to get us.

Not quite skunk like. Here kids like to chase each other with them but the order isn't all that bad.

Really! I've never noticed an odor from one. I wonder if we have a different kind here.

Anj, we had these all over the place in spring, and DH spotted what must have been a lingering one wandering out of the bottom bar of our window blinds the other day. They're harmless (to people), and we've kind of gotten used to them by now, LOL! I'll take them over the silverfish any day :(