Menu

What sheets would you without a doubt buy again? (M)

Pinzon Velvet Flannel from Amazon.com. Here's a link for a specific color set/size, but if you do a search on amazon for "pinzon velvet flannel," you'll find several choices. These are absolutely wonderful. It's unheard of to have almost no lint in your dryer after washing flannel sheets. These are the best. Read the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinzon-190-Gram-Velvet-Flannel-Sheet/dp/B000FVZKX6/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1204564847&sr=8-2

We purchased a bigger bed, I want nice sheets to go with it, at least a winter set fleece/or flannel and a lighter summer set. What brand, count, and where?

I tried searching the archives as this has been discussed before, but it didn't come up with any threads.

LL Bean Flannel sheets for winter. I've purchased twice so far. For summer I use a higher-count 100% cotton. I usually shop the clearance sections at LL Bean and Lands' End, because I'm not picky about the color.

Guest Lorna
We purchased a bigger bed, I want nice sheets to go with it, at least a winter set fleece/or flannel and a lighter summer set. What brand, count, and where?

I tried searching the archives as this has been discussed before, but it didn't come up with any threads.

We bought ours from a house clearance shop. They were ex-hotel sheets. They looked a little grey at first but we bleached them and hung them out on the washing line and they are amazing. They are a beautiful white, they are thick and 100% cotton and they even have the embroidered name on the label. Best of all they cost us one pound each (about two dollars at today's exchange rate :)).

I got really sick of the poor quality cotton they sell nowadays and I really dislike the damp feel of poly-cotton.

I don't remember the thread count but we purchased a new bed a couple of years ago that needed DEEP pockets in order to stay on. I found Chris Madden Sheets at JC Penney's. They are my absolute favorite. They gift softer with every wash. I purchased two sets and when my Dad and Stepmom came to watch the kids for us about a year ago they asked if they could keep one set..... I let them. I will be buying another set soon. It is easiest for me to have two sets.

These are not flannel just plain cotton sheets..great summer sheets.

HTH,

Alison

We got these: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/1000-Thread-Count-Sateen-Combed-Cotton-Sheet-Set/2530874/product.html a while ago. They are definately summer sheets. They are SOOOO cool when we slide into bed.

We got our winter flannels at Sam's Club. We've had them for 5 years now and they're still going!

Weren't you asking about a sleep number bed a while back? Did you choose one? If so, how do you like it? We need a new bed too.

I am not too picky about brand...but I do like high thread count -- anywhere from 400-600. I actually got a set of 800 thread count sheets...but I really didn't like them...they were "slick!" And my husband radiates heat...so flannel would not be a good option for us!