Menu

Anyone have problems receiving their items on here??

Okay so let me say first that I am not labeling ANYONE who sells on these boards. I have had a lot of luck getting some greatly needed items for very affordably and in a good manner of time. However, I have had a few problems recently.

I had bought some items. It was hard to contact the seller in the first place as they never responded back half the time. Afterwards, I purchased the items and never heard anything back after my paypal payment. I thought okay well that's fine no biggie. Now it will have been a month this week since I paid and still no items. I have contacted the seller numerous times and still no answer. I looked on their page and they get on here almost everyday but still no items or contact. I don't know what else to do. Even if I do get the items should I leave the appropriate feedback? How would you handle the situation. The thing is this isn't the only person that I have not received items from. I had bought a couple of items that week (some from homeschoolclassifieds.com) and there are others that have not came in either. How would you handle this? Would you contact paypal and look into a dispute where I may be able to get the money back or what would you do? They haven't printed a label from paypal, which is okay because I know some individuals just take it to the post office instead of shipping from home but if I am not hearing back I have no clue where the stuff is or if it's been sent out. I hate to be rude or anything but wouldn't others who look at their feedback like to know that there's a chance they will never get their items? I guess I am just hoping that I can get some good advice on where to go next. My husband was laid off a few months back so it's a pretty big deal for me to even be able to get half the items we have and it's not like we don't need the money right now. Please help me figure out how to handle this. Thanks so much ladies!

I would definitely leave feedback on their page as it'll also help future buyers. Just to give others ideas of how long it took for your item to arrive, and whether the condition was as described.

I've had this problem recently also on ebay where I never received the item after 3 weeks and I filed with paypal and luckily got my money back. I think you should start a file with paypal as they take over 2 weeks to settle a claim. They'll tell you when you can start a claim (with my ebay purchase anyways), so you know when it's too early or too late. If you wait longer, it'll just take up more of your time in figuring out the next step, and if you wait too long, you may miss the opportunity to file a claim.

I hope you'll be able to get your books soon.

Wow I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I agree with acbuy. You have been patient, you have been communicative, it's time to take matters into your own hands. Have you talked to a moderator to see if they can get communication from this member? I do think you should start the process with Paypal to try to get your money back. I hope it all works out for you. :grouphug:

I hope you get your items soon. It bothers me when you hear of someone having problems....especially from other homeschool families. I guess I like to be naive and think that every homeschool family is super duper nice.

I know that you are a great seller!

I would check to see what the claim cut off date is for paypal. Just to make sure you do not miss it.

I am sorry that you are having problems. I had one incident with a seller on here but it did work itself out. I felt a little bad about all the emailing and PMing I was doing, but I have to protect our money. We don't have money to just throw around. Don't feel bad.

I would post a feedback (I still cannot figure out how to do this...sorry to all the people I have bought from)

I would check to see what the claim cut off date is for paypal. Just to make sure you do not miss it.

I am sorry that you are having problems. I had one incident with a seller on here but it did work itself out. I felt a little bad about all the emailing and PMing I was doing, but I have to protect our money. We don't have money to just throw around. Don't feel bad.

I would post a feedback (I still cannot figure out how to do this...sorry to all the people I have bought from)

:iagree:

I just went through this. I believe you have 45 days to file a claim with Paypal. I think I ended up doing that on day 40 or so. I received my items not long after that. I hope everything works out for you.

I'm sorry you are having problems. I have only had problems once with an Ebay seller and learned the hard way that some sellers who sell tons of items are just crooks. They sent the item, but it was supposed to be new and it was an obviously very used demo that didn't work. I tried paypal, but because he had sent something I didn't manage to get anywhere. I happened to live an hour away and finally managed to get a replacement but it was missing parts.

If the item has not been sent or received, you can go through paypal. I would contact the seller and say that if you don't hear from her you are going to post negative feedback. As a potential buyer, I would rather not buy from someone who is very slow to answer emails and takes over a month to send items. Buying items shouldn't be a lot of work.

Thank you ladies for all the help. I sent another pm and email and again heard nothing. What really bothers me is that I looked on her profile and she has no problem posting answers to questions on here and even continually posting for sale items, yet I'm getting ignored. I thought for the first few weeks she may just be delayed but now that I see she logs on numerous times a day and browses/posts on the boards...I know she has some time on her hands that she could at least reply to me. I don't even mind when a situation comes up beyond control and causes the items to get delayed. I just want to know that they did not take my money with no intentions of sending my items. This lady knew that my husband was laid off and that we barely have the money to get the items we need anyways, let alone have money to just throw around. We are not fortunate enough to have an infinate supply of funds to toss here and there. I think I am going to contact her one last time and inform her that I will have to contact paypal if I do not hear from her. I'm really saddened that this has happened...I mean I still trust every other seller on here but it bothers me that I have to be careful about who I buy from. I'm like Kleine, I want to think that every homeschooling family on here is super duper nice and caring.

Sorry. That is disappointing. Whenever I've sold something, it's out the door within two days, usually one, but some people take a long time to mail things out. What can we say? It would be better for her to answer and just say "sorry, haven't had a chance yet."

By the way, when you open a dispute with paypal, it initially just goes to the other part, and only after someone escalates OR 20 days (or whatever) have passed and it's still open, does Paypal actually get involved. You can just ask for x number of dollars back, and if they refund that amt, the dispute is automatically closed. (Can you tell I just did this? I was really chicken to do so, but emails weren't cutting it. When I opened the dispute and named the amount, the person sent the refund immediately, without further comment, so I was relieved.)

Sorry. That is disappointing. Whenever I've sold something, it's out the door within two days, usually one, but some people take a long time to mail things out. What can we say? It would be better for her to answer and just say "sorry, haven't had a chance yet."

By the way, when you open a dispute with paypal, it initially just goes to the other part, and only after someone escalates OR 20 days (or whatever) have passed and it's still open, does Paypal actually get involved. You can just ask for x number of dollars back, and if they refund that amt, the dispute is automatically closed. (Can you tell I just did this? I was really chicken to do so, but emails weren't cutting it. When I opened the dispute and named the amount, the person sent the refund immediately, without further comment, so I was relieved.)

Thank you so much for this information. I think I am going to take everyone's advice and head up a paypal dispute. I really hate to and, like you said, I am chicken. I just hate to anger people but at the same time, this is very upsetting to myself as well. It's not fair that I paid and haven't heard anything back. If it weren't for my husband being laid off I probably would still let it slide a bit but I just know of so many other items that we need for this year. To me it's like throwing money away and that's a big no-no in my world. :D Thanks so much ladies for all of your help. This has been quite disheartening.

One more question though. I agree with everyone that I should post negative feedback on this ladies profile at least to warn everyone about the delay in shipping or the fact that I haven't gotten any items at all but, again, I am so chicken. I just keep telling myself though if someone had this issue with this woman previously and had posted the appropriate feedback, this would have saved me all this trouble and I don't want anyone to have to deal with this again. What should I say? Is there a nice way of putting this in feedback?

If you want, give her one more chance. If you can send an email directly from her member name, do so as well. Tell her you are very unhappy, it has been x days since you paid, and you plan to open a paypal dispute to get your money back and post truthful feedback on this experience to the board unless you receive a refund of whatever amount by such-and-such a time. Then you don't have to feel guilty or rude because you tried one more time.

How about posting to every single one of this person's For Sale posts and let her know you're worried because you haven't heard from her? It will not only let her know you mean business; it will also give others a heads-up that there could potentially be a problem with this seller.

Cat

Sorry you're having trouble getting through to the seller and with receiving what you paid for!

I haven't had any problems either (with buying or selling), but I'm a fairly 'newly returning participant' for lack of a better term! When the boards were set up the old way, I did a lot of buying and selling, and honestly can't remember having problems at that time, either.

I believe that good communication is the key to a successful transaction. When something comes up that prevents the seller from making it the P.O. in a timely manner or whatever the case may be, even though it might be embarrassing, it's common courtesy to just send a quick email or PM letting the buyer know. I tend to be much more understanding when there are open lines of communication during a transaction.

I like the fact that there is a feedback system here, but noticed that it must be rarely used, as I haven't seen a lot of it out there. I recently purchased from someone who's been around here awhile and I left her

her first feedback. On the flip side, sellers, please post feedback for the buyers. Let others know if they paid quickly, etc. It's a two-way street.

Since it has been a month, you do need to take the next step. You do need to get your money back (or receive the goods you purchased) and negative feedback might be necessary. However, I hate to see people get slammed (in any kind of situation) before knowing what happened on their end. We should always be prudent in our judgment.

Just my 2 cents.

Sheri :)

...What should I say? Is there a nice way of putting this in feedback?

The nicest way would be to just stick to the facts. "Not received items after one month, seller will not respond to emails, filed paypal dispute."

I am sorry this happened to you. I do hope the seller will apologize and either refund your money or send you the items. :grouphug:

Wow, how awful. I've had no problems at all. I like to buy from homeschoolers because they're all so nice, and chatty, even (lots of emails back and forth!). I'd really think about posting on the "for sale" posts if I were in your shoes. I could see how a person might overlook one email from you, but it sounds like that's not at all what's happening.

Stories like this are why I don't even presume to think I could buy something off eBay. It would be so upsetting!

Sandy